Total Pageviews

Monday, September 21, 2015

CYCLE OF A NIGHTMARE

Entry log AUGUST 30 , 2015

La Havre, Normandy France discharging operation went real quick, as in only 20 hours of discharging. We started off practically 2 am in the morning , when the French pilot boarded and ended 48 hours later on the same time.

La Havre is convenient to go on shore leave on the seaman's Centre, and the transportation is basically free, probably I suspect that after visiting the seaman's center , I could practically go around and visit the surrounding place. Unfortunately due to short of time , I never got to go ashore and see the surrounding place (and neither any crew) - made the next time I visit this place I can go on shore leave and see how beautiful la Havre is.

Internet in France is very convenient compared to any nearby European country I seen so far , they even surpassed the Dutch and Germans when it comes to internet service. The internet is fast enough to use and truly unlimited for 48 hours which is good for heavy downloader's like myself. Internet in France is very much the same to the Philippines when it comes to charging their customers , which is based on number of hours used and not via bandwidth.

As for the news on work …

For the moment, I'm trying to avoid 3rd mate Keith as much as possible for being such a dick during unmooring operations on la havre locks. I had a feeling that one day this little gremlin will be a monster to reckon with in the years to come, and for some hunch I sense in him arrogance at an early age, anyway it only proves on my theory that most Filipino sailors start out good people them become asshole when they get to be ship officers. Honestly It never occurred to me , he'd be a dick during unmooring ops. But ever since he got a promotion as third mate , he soon started to have air in his head at a very fast rate. I was totally caught off guard went that prick scolded me when I already let go of the mooring wires early inside the split drum when it's picking up tension.

To make more of the insult. dickasaur , scolded me for the second time a few minutes later.

Anyway he's not going to be my problem anymore after Conti Agulhas if he ever decided to be just another Asshole later on - its NSB crew's problem not mine. The only thing I could care of is focus on my upcoming vacation and wanted to have quality time in the Philippines.

This incident will definitely cause friction and tension between me and 3rd mate Keith, and it's obvious that in the days to come I'd have a less friendly approach with him.  Anyway for everyone's info this will be the second incident that keith became a dickasaur , the first one was in Dominican republic about dropping a mooring wire again.

In other news ….

Apparently from what I heard on the recent departure in la havre france, the time of travelling from La Havre to Amsterdam is just as short as 18 hours, in other words there's little time to rest and wash clothes., So after the unmooring operations early in the morning , expect that we will be berthing in Netherlands sometime late at night in the same day.

About news on work.

It was a surprise that I was given a time off at work on my birthday, I hadn't expected at all that I would be granted such time. Seriously It never occurred to me - not at all. I guess I should thank chief mate Oleg for having me celebrate my birthday. Strange and ironic isn't it , that kindness is given by the people whom you least expect , Compared to my own kind years before I was never given a chance to have this. I guess strange things are expected to people whom you least expect