Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 17, 2016

TOURING SINGAPORE


September 16, 2016

Singapore

 
 
Given that working schedules in Sembawang Area Ship yard are conflicting / constricting for me to fully roam the place unrestricted. For now most of my free time in exploring the whole island is limited only during night time hours, Here in Sembawang and Yishu area - there are only two malls , ( one which I even hesitate to even call a mall at all ) . Sun plaza Mall and the other Northern Point Mall.
 
Shops in these malls are very small compared to shops in the Philippines, even the electronic stores and book stores here is lacking of selections. If I were to compare a typical "National bookstore" shop and "CDR-king" shop in the Philippines is at least four times larger than the ones here in Singapore. Even schools here like I saw in the primary school and probably grade school is smaller and compressed.
 
Anyway Sembawang and Yishu area in Singapore is a province,  but for a province it is well develop and urbanized compared to the one's in the Philippines. The whole area looked more like "The Fort" or Makati area in the Philippines , full of tall buildings and condominium type of housing, and shops that don’t actually looked like shops at first look. 
 
In their metropolis area , comes the fun part. Their malls are bigger , such example is the Vivo city mall which I explored , based on its size - it about as close as the size of SM Mega Mall perhaps even bigger. There is also even an underground mall on subways here due to the lack of space and in one instance I found myself litterary lost in the labyrinth  









Singaporean dollar, local currency used in singapore




my co-workers



the well known and iconic singaporean merlion, saw it by my own eyes




local water fountain set up, took the opportunity to refill water stock pile i have