Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 11, 2012

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL

Weather was kind of bitchy these past few days that went by and
eventually it was so severe that the metropolis city ended up being
submerged in knee high flood water (in some areas of the city it was
more than 6 feet deep). Of course I live in the lower parts of marikina
city (which is part of the metropolis by the way) and its pretty obvious
is my house is also affected by the flood - just like everyone else in
the metropolis.

Nothing much I can do about it though, mother nature just bashed her way
with water and mud .In the end I just prepared the shovel ,2 plastics
buckets ,a garden hose and a dust pan after the flood for the clean up.

Frankly cleanup wasn't that bad at all and compared to the flood I've
experienced three years ago, it only took me four hours to clean
everything up (compared three years ago were I had to spend a week - yes
a week in cleaning out all the mud inside my house) .

During the cleanup , I felt sorry for the two kittens (out of six
kittens) that got caught up in the backyard and died of drowning. Some
how I should have acted earlier in saving those kittens and putting them
inside the house, unfortunately by the time I acted - two kittens were
already missing and at first I though the mother cat just simply moved
it away and transferred it to another place, the rest of the kittens
were safety transferred inside the house.

It was only after the flood that subsided that the bodies of the kittens
were found.

I'm bothered because the two kittens that had died were close to me and
was always following me whichever place I go at the backyard. Now I can
never see those kittens again because they're dead, in some ways I feel
responsible for those kittens - if I acted up a bit sooner , the kittens
could have been still alive.

I guess that's the difference between humans and animals , we (humans)
look out for each other -whether we like it or not and have a complete
concept of what life and death exactly means. Animals just follow one
rule - "survival of the fittest"

Anyway I just don't want to continue talking about the kittens , that
just simply saddens me up

So aside from shoveling all the mud , I had other news from my internet
life.

Okay one of my acquaintances (J. Bergonio) is asking for a financial
favor for some sort of a problem he had over his school, problem is I'm
not the good Samaritan type and I'm not exactly sure if helping him is a
good idea.

In other news

I went browsing a few blogs over the internet , checking out blogs from
other young sailors out there and saw a few good ones.

One such blog I've encountered came in from a Malaysian Deck Cadet From
"ALAM School" , according to the blog I've read. Malaysians don't
exactly pay much attention in the maritime job area on the fact that
there are more jobs in the land based than overseas and in some ways
land based jobs have a much higher pay than the sea based ,

Point is according to what I've read since their sailor population is
low , the Malaysian government and Malaysian private sector encourages
some students to take a sailing profession . They even go as far as
shouldering all the expenses for the person from start to finish just to
make sure that the countries seaman population doesn't go zero.

He made emphasis that although the Malaysian sailors are fewer in number
compared to Indian and Filipino counterparts , He could say the least
that deck cadets are well cared for and not one Malaysian deck cadet
ends up being chased out and treated as "unwelcome" in a private
shipping company and if one does then the *Malaysian* government will
take matter's in their own hands and smack the said company,

According to him the Malaysian sailors are so pampered that they end up
lazy.

I'm not exactly sure if he's claims were true or exaggerated but what I
can support is that the Philippines have a weak economy and as a result
jobs overseas are more lucrative than the land based ones. As for the
maritime industry here , I could comment that a simple Filipino deck
cadet is treated very differently and exactly the opposite on what he
describes in Malaysia.


What I can comment is that the industry here is so badly choked up and
cannot support a huge workforce population and to make matters worse the
available good jobs are monopolized and reserved only to those so called
"Elite" Schools , and the rest of the deck cadet workforce end up
languishing in worse conditions , or worse disillusioned and unemployed.