Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 16, 2013

MOVING IN, MOVING OUT, MOVING ON


Almost more than 5 months now, I discovered a company along edsa road. I had no knowledge of this company and that the only thing I knew about this was that it is a call center company. Given with my previous experience in the call center I decided to apply and try my luck.

My original mission assuming that  I'm successful getting hired was a simple "Survey and Dig" , on which I could only get past as far as nesting phase then be off again to another place . I would just get the total months salary so I could use it on personal reasons for my sailing job, namely for licensure examination and job related supplies for sailing.

Big turning point of my mission which resulted to being "Extended" was when my Trainer / Temporary Trainer Norman Estrada, Defended my stay here and argued to the brass that I'm the agent worth saving . A decision I'm forever in debt of and he has my respects on it.

I always distance myself from my co-workers given the fact that my original intention here is fund raising only and that I may not last long enough for us to get to know each other. I always thought that is the best possible action so that incase I may leave the company the emotional impact would be less, I didn’t even bother to know their names or any other personal details about them.

went along on the following months doing what I usually do and did what necessary actions I would take and felt no remorse on it. I did what I had to do and disconnected callers at will. I could be a lot of things as a telephone operator but I'm no call manipulator nor even a "Judas" to my own fellow telephone operators.

Already wrote down here what people need to know about, I wrote down my frustration, hopes and dreams and my struggles on how life is inside Philippine Call Centers. I already told everyone what they needed to know, I knew my comrades well and they can look out for themselves. Perhaps it is time for me to leave this call center company , I had stayed long enough - far longer time than it was originally intended, I already passed my resignation letter to the HR department.

My stay here is not permanent nor even for settlement , This is simply a fund raising campaign to finance my sailing profession. This mission is a success on the fact that I drew enough money to finance all the supplies I needed.

I would like to specially thank the people who fought alongside with me in this campaign, These are the few good people here in TRANSCOM

Norman Estrada
Mark Anthony Barilea
Raymond Victor
Erica Chavez
Christian Cruz                       
Erich B. Tunque                                   
Richard Anthony Regidor                  
Peter Danbert Powell                         
Bernadette A. Retorca                                          
Mars Milano  
RICHELLE ANNE THERESE REMIGIO
BHEVERLY BRON
DUSTIN DAVE CENINA
GLORIA LAYNO
JENELYN PAWHAY
JEROME CADANGYAO
 JOSHUA JOSE MAGPAYO
MARIE ANTONETTE GACUTAN
MARK ANTHONY MACASPAC
MICHAEL VINCENT GOZON
ROSALEEN MAMARADLO
ERNESTO JR ZAGALA
KIM SANTIAGO

I learned an important lesson about Philippine Call Centers and Philippine Maritime Industry. That other people are not all evil…. And that our own people are not all good.

I guess this is the way how will I close the "Volume 5" of my Blog and offline diary before I proceed to "Volume 6" . I'd be leaving the overall epilogue ambiguous

This is my story, and I am sticking to it……...