Total Pageviews

Friday, March 22, 2013

BREAKTHROUGH

The newly replaced MiniTablet

Feeling so much better now that I got a new Kata Mini tablet. Now I can refit it again on all the data that got lost on my previous Kata Mini Tablet, Anyway the main purpose of this equipment acts as like a "rugged" tablet , for the get go.

Inexpensive and could be used on harsh environment, The specs of this tablet I got isn't much to look at with only android 2.3 as an operating system and the graphics lacks the features compared to tablets that have Android 4.0. However what I do like about this device is that it’s more of cross between a PDA and a "PMP"  (portable media player) and its sheer portability and size which is very small. I get to use this device when I'm simply just browsing for my Face book account and twitter, checking emails, upcoming schedules, things to do and stuff, or watching a favourite movie while on the go. Mostly business related stuff, not the flashy bombastic graphics kind of thing.

Anyway , After suffering from numerous delays of reporting back to career. I am going back again to find some answers , after all my application form on this company is on their desk last November 2012 and up to now is still pending. I need to find some answers and face MR. Ho yet again and see what is the actual status of my job application there. As what I said its doesn't matter if I get accepted or not , just only need to find out if there interested in me , if not then I could look for a job somewhere else and tell Captain Nick Betts that I was turned down.

Already suffered two delays and cant afford to make another one, First delay was when I was already in the career office building when some smart ass friend of mine distracted me on the phone, therefore missing out the queue. Second Delay was due to health reasons where I suffered a muscle spasm in the neck (stiff neck ) a few hours before leaving my home.

Walking from Ayala to Evangelista, Fucking bus drivers
Beautiful fountain underneath the highway
I went on with the same tactics as I did before, I rode the bus doing to Evangelista area in Makati, Unfortunately I never seemed to get it right when it comes to riding buses as I rode the bus going only to Ayala area. In other words the bus dropped me off a kilometer short of my intended area. Honestly I have no idea why bus drivers and conductors avoid or even refuse to drop me off in Evangelista area, It’s a good thing though that there was enough time for me, by the time I reached the McDonalds' fast-food store just besides the career office and still have a spare hour to rest and change my clothes.

2pm went by and Career office was open, I  Passed the queue slip , waited for about an hour or so then my name was called. To my surprise Mr. Ho wasn't around and Captain Nidoy was at the desk of Mr. HO .There were the two other people aside from me on that room. The two others were simply screened out and turned down by Captain Nidoy saying that there not the kind of people career is looking for.

By the time he mentioned my name I was puzzled when he said that career is looking for me, he added that I should follow him to the next room. So I went and he spoke to this person, The person said to Captain Nidoy that he needs my application form and Captain Betts has already sent an email to him informing about this.

My only black shoes, badly worn out .
Personally this person is an enigma to me, He seems to be a much more higher position and that both Captain Nidoy and Mr. Ho are only his subordinates. His persona on my first impression is quite menacing and is somewhat similar to Captain Peralta in Sea cap shipping.

Anyway going back , we went to Mr. Ho's office again and I was instructed by captain Nidoy to get my application form in the piles of papers on the other desk. By the time I got it and presented it to Captain Nidoy, He asked me simple questions about PPE (personal protective equipment) , ISPS , ISM . Few non important things. Then after wards we went back again on this person office and presented my application, Captain Nidoy told me to wait a few minutes until my name will be called. Incidentally when i looked on my profile , to my horror i saw my records there in Sea cap Shipping. Most probably they had a a background check.

While i was waiting , I saw Mr.Ho passed by and he noticed . Somehow his look on me is , quite menacing as if he wants to strangle me to death,You can obviously see in his eyes the looks that he really hates me , Well the feeling is mutual and i don't like him either. 

After a few minutes I was called by this person and was interviewed , he only asked me a couple of question. Basically I didn't  paid any attention to it but the part that caught my ear was something about the U.S. Visa Part and the medical part.

Apparently from what I heard is that its *IMPERATIVE* that I secured a U.S. Visa and that failure to get one will result in me being charged on the said Application fee from the US embassy plus an additional payment for the medical fee and something about a "Contract fee" and the worst part is being permanently kicked out of career since he said that all their principals (ship owners) require their crew to have one (well don’t they all??). It was clear that this person said to me that the risk is very huge, and if I have already made up my mind about it,

Blindly I said "yes" , without even thinking for a second and added that "every situation has its own risk", I know this was a stupid answer and could have wisely said "I'd think about it " but it hit my mind that Captain Betts would look very bad if I said that. The person said "Well if that’s what you want then lets proceed" , He told me extra details about my situation that I have to pass first the medical screening and after that he said that I should come back and see him again and we will discuss about my endorsement to apply for a U.S. Visa. He said that my next step now is to get a pre employment medical slip to the medical booth, wait there till my name got called.

It was already at about 6pm and my name wasn’t called yet, I told the staff that id come back for my medical slip on a latter date since I'm not in a hurry at all.

Took the bus going to cubao at about 6:20pm and then went I reached cubao, I took the jeepney and headed home.

Clothes and style of typical filipino sailors, they usually have the same outfit. stereotypical right ????
Usual clothes worn by typical filipino sailors, not much of a variety when it comes to fashion compared to call center agents 
My outfit in the call center :) big difference right ???

In this video is the actual recording of the what happened , good thing i was wearing a Spy pen camera


Overall i have now two new objectives , One is pass the medical and the second is secure a U.S. Visa. It is IMPERATIVE  that i accomplish this and Failure to do so will result in not only in being kicked out in career but also the whiplash of paying everything that they will sponsor on me

SELLING YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL

Frankly this isn’t the first time that this situation has happened to me, during my years in Sea Cap this has been also a big issue. The only difference is that a U.S. Visa is involved and that If I screwed up with this , then immediately disaster is next to follow plus the extra worry of being kicked out.

I find it a big burden to be getting a U.S. Visa at all and I don’t see any point why I should get one at all. It's definitely just a waste of money and effort and that I could still work as a sailor without having one. Plus if ever I could get one this could only mean that whenever I would join ship on any U.S. ports , customs will ultimately search my belongings (including files on my computer), looking for any contraband material.

Having a U.S. Visa if more of a curse rather than a gift for me

On the bright side of having a U.S. Visa, Since I'm a "rating" on my current status , it will serve as an Unofficial working license on my behalf and will definitely be easier for me to be able to "jump" from one company to another having one, and to add more companies will think twice refusing my application if I have a U.S. Visa around and it’s a big upgrade from my career and my sailing career will be ultimately stabilized. 

From what Career has described to me , it seems that I don’t have any other choice but to get one. Yeah I'd get one though I'm reluctant to have a U.S. Visa around.