Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 7, 2013

THEN AND BACK



Took advantage of the said holiday break to reinforce my finances and ask for help, four days of waiting is a long time especially if I'm expecting Financial help in order to proceed on my objective's. Good thing that Financial help arrived as scheduled and now I'm back again on my feet to settle some score in the medical clinic and career shipping. This time I'm very eager to solve this situation on a very quick basis.


For now the financial help that arrived is adequate enough to solve my primary problems, though sufficient it is very limited and I should keep in mind that I should use it wisely.

On Tuesday April 02, 2013 was busy as expected and had again hurdle my way towards the medical clinic for two objectives. One is to recover my chest X-ray plate I submitted on the X-ray department and the second objective is find out what happened to the results of my recent medical diagnostics and if there are any troubles, eliminate it as quick as possible. Third objective is go back to career office and take this so called seminar course from 2pm to 5pm called "VSTC" ( hell I don't know what it means ).
 
Medical bills that blew off 2200 PHP in a poof 
By the time I arrived I immediately went to the registration area and inquired the status of my medical screening. I was entertained by a male receptionist and he gave me the medical form, He said that the only thing that was incomplete was the dental part and that I have to go to that department. I replied "sure thing"

Before I went to their dental clinic , I took a detour on their X-ray department to recover  my chest x-ray plate I left behind previously. Had no problems recovering it and just dropped my name on the desk and they told me to wait a few minutes and presto they gave me the plate.

Finally I went to the dentist and passed my medical form, she said to wait for a few minutes since my purpose is to repair my dental fillings.  After a few minutes or so , my name was called and she told me to sit on the dentist chair . The dental repair I got wasn’t really that hard (or painful) I just a small replacement on the dental filling in my front tooth and that’s about it , A simple "cleaning" and patch up work and viola. Unfortunately the problem with the repair was that the cost of it as too high and it exceed my cost estimate. The bill went up to about 1200 PHP for a dental repair on a single tooth. Anyway the end justifies the means right ?! 1200 PHP is just trivial compared to the overall benefits id gain in the end, I think it’s reasonable enough.

Pet cat seems to be doing fine despite the hot humid temp

After the repair I went to the reception desk again and passed the medical form, I was told that everything is in order and the medical results will be passed on to my respective company ( namely career shipping). It was still early at that time I decided to stop by to another clinic that was also mentioned by the medical booth of career shipping (Jacobs ladder immunization clinic), It was just only a street away from the medical diagnostic clinic and I have the spare time , I went there and got my Typhoid fever vaccine shot. The doctor told me that the cost of the shot was 900 PHP and the vaccine shot on my body is active for three years times. The detour visit only lasted for a short 15 minutes, Still more than enough time for me to do something. Took the Old LRTA Train afterward and dropped off to edsa station and walked my way north just like I did before, when I reached the career vicinity I went immediately to Jollibee fast food store and took a quick lunch and hanged out there for more than an hour or so.

It was 2pm when I went to career office and went to room 309 for the said "VSTC" seminar.  The name of out instructor was Captain Gorge Patagnan , He was a warm and friendly guy . He gave us the whole meaning of "VSTC" which meant vessel security training course, and so brief info about ISPS lecture. The Seminar was simple and was over too quick. After that I immediately went home,

My Closet wardrobe as of 2013

After 2 days , I went back again for this so called "MST" seminar unfortunately our instructor Captain Gorge Patagnan has a badly swollen foot and was unable to attend his class , as a result Captain Ledesma went to our room and informed us that "MST" will be rescheduled by Wednesday and He dismissed that class.


The following day I was unable to attend the "Anti-Piracy" seminar because of a simple case of oversleeping , Woke up 7 am in the morning and an hour before the scheduled seminar. It was the best of my decision that I skip that seminar for next week, Anyway I did try to catch up on paper works by Saturday and manage to accomplish at least the allottement slip and will be on the latter soon opening up a BPI (bank of the Philippines islands) bank account for the remittance money. Speaking of which based on the information, Career can support two allottee per sailor and that remittance money should be no lower than 80 percent of the overall salary. In other words I put my sister and my mom as an allotee on the form and that each of them will get 40 percent of my salary and the remaining 20 percent will be on my pay onboard.

Sample of an BPI ATM card id be using if ever
For now my next move will be reporting back to Captain Galang and informing him that I have already been declared medically fit and await further instructions on how to apply for a US visa, Aside from that I would also be getting the bank refferal form from the medical booth to open up an account in BPI.

In other none relevant news

Temperatures are soaring quite high and for the record the temperature averages around 35 degrees Celsius in noontime and its making life a bit more difficult this summer season. During noontime my travel clothes are always soaking wet with sweat and I'm experiencing "heat stress" ,due to my clothes are not suitable for warm dry weather.

Other news that I would like to make note of it, was that recently there was an issue were some of the clothes that would be washed got apparently lost on the laundry shop, I went to the laundry shop to clear things up and from what I found out, the clothes were just simply not finished yet and that they're still being dried up on the drier. I was told to simply wait another day. Anyway glad the missing clothes issue was sorted out

Despite oversupply of "Ratings" , i could see on career that they do need actual crew and that they are just throwing the bulk of their applicants, (tsk what a waste of man power). Surprisingly they do hire even Ordinary Seaman positions. From the picture i took the requirements is a U.S. Visa. Big question , How many OS here that have an actual working U.S. Visa eh ??? However from what im seeing here O.S. personnel are not required to have one on their bulk ships