Total Pageviews

Friday, February 27, 2015

OVERWHELMING PESSIMISM OF A OFW


Guess vacation time is almost over, After two month I am now headed back again in Europe. The Company I'm employed with just called and gave me the details, They said I'd be reassigned again back to CONTI N.S.B. ships and to specific it will be CONTI Guinea.

It was a good vacation but i had to face the reality of heading back again.

Sometimes i wonder and ask myself is a Filipino OFW really the modern day hero's or just another faceless modern day slave worker ? I have a lot of skepticism about this. about the part why are we called that , are we truly a hero ?.

As far as i know , Heroes selflessly die for patriotic cause , OFW's didn't die for their country - THEY ARE SOLD BY OUR COUNTRY TO SLAVERY AND EXPLOITED to patch up the mistakes of our society and our leaders, and be the "milking cow".

I don't think OFW's will be phased out not for the next century or two given with these situation. Not until we learned the mistakes and understand it why we are here.  I could say on my blog and at my time that the OFW way of life is still at its peak.