Total Pageviews

Friday, March 6, 2015

STEAMROLLING SITUATION



Couple of days ago, I got a BTOCT COP document from M.A.R.I.N.A. , This time around I tried the Online Appointment system method. Took me only a couple of hours to accomplish the COP document and I'd be back by march 09 to get the document.

From my point of perspective Online appointment system of MARINA is a huge improvement compared to the "walk in " version of their COP document , it drastically reduces the time of step 1 process to a fraction of the time normally taken by just going to the "walk in" . Typically (as what I wrote before) the step one process takes literary half a day of waiting just going thru it and worst is that I had to wake up early at 1 am in the morning and be there at around 3am, accomplishing the COP document will be around somewhere on noon time or 1 pm , so it’s a 12 hour long wait on that scenario.

From my observation the 12 hour long waiting time is divided into these . It's about 50 percent waiting time on step 1 process, 15 percent of time waiting in step two which is payment and 35 percent waiting time of the step 3 part which is encoding.

For now I will rate the online application to be positive because of that alone. However despite the huge improvement it is not perfect, like for example it does greatly reduce the amount of time and effort on step 1 but does little in (or none at all) on step two process and three process. So for the payment and encoding step , it is still back to the classic dirty old routine of getting back to the line and waiting for your turn.

On my way home , I saw on the LRTA -2 recto station that there are huge creates position on where the former ticket vending machines place. I wonder to myself if this will be the return of the machines that spit out tickets, since I haven't seen any functioning one since a couple of years back. I'd stay tune on this one.

On Tuesday March 3, 2015 . I had received again a call from my company from the landline phone telling to hurry up. The details according to what they said to me was that my departure will be on the march 08, I told them that I'm still not finish my documents on that time and its impossible for me to catch up on that deadline. Despite my protest, the company told me to go directly to the office to discuss further details in clearing this matter.

Following day , after a brief discussion with the crewing manager "captain Nidoy"- I was assured that march 08 2015 will be cancelled and that most of the batch I was joining with are still in the same situation as I am.

For the moment the objectives left before clearing are the following

  1. Take Medical exam
  2. Take QMS in house lecture on Senator Crewing Agency
  3. Received BTOCT COP document from MARINA
  4. Attend PDOS
  5. Attend Accounting Briefing  

Probably it will take me a week or more to accomplish this, and it depends on my financial capabilities. If fully funded I could reach the deadline , but with restrictions its assumed that it will take a week.