Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 3, 2016

LAYING OUT PLANS IN INVESTING



10 am when my hand phone rang, it was a call from my company. Expecting that this might be the time were they will give notice that my time in the Philippines is up and had to depart, I picked up the phone. Surprised that it was Mr., "Nidoy"  asking something about my appraisal report , I told him that I'm not aware that I had one , and if I do it should have been forward to the company by now.

The explanation why he has to ask for my appraisal report (called also evaluation report on other companies) was that the CSM superintendent recently disapproved my transfer. Mr., "Nidoy" gave no further details why I was turned down by CSM,  and asked if there was any past misdeeds I had done, I said I don’t recall anything as far as I know of, and his guess is as good as mine. He added also on our conversation that if it would be ok for me to return back to NSB if things went sour on CSM. I said it won't cause any problems if I would be back in NSB. Before the conversation ended Mr,. "Nidoy"  gave an assurance and said he'd look further why I was thrown out by CSM and the conversation ends on the phone .

At the moment I'm thinking of possible scenario's. One scenario why CSM turned down my transfer was probably because I have a much higher salary cap than your typical run off the mill O.S. and if they wanted to accept me in CSM , my salary should be terribly downgraded - in other words I'm too expensive to CSM. Another scenario is for whatever reason they just overlook my papers - a simple mistake.  Anyway Off the record , after the conversation I was relieved if I would be returning back to NSB. The conditions there were more favorable compared to CSM. In fact I'm earning more money there. However the problem if I'm returning back in NSB is that currently O.S. position on those 6 ships is currently occupied by deck cadets and it's possible that my stay here in the Philippines would be prolonged given with its current situation.


In other news …

Lately I had been studying and analyzing the possibilities of investing, Specifically the so called mutual fund and "stock exchange" thing. I haven't fully understood the ins and outs of this kind financial system yet but of course it will take me some time for me to finally decode its secrets or at least understood it fully. I had to prepare early for my retirement given that being a sailor in the Philippines isn't exactly a stable job given with its numerous vulnerabilities and sooner or later I will get out of this job . 

I had my eye on BPI bank (Bank of the Philippine islands) for some time now and plan to establish a mutual fund there when I get back again from work. Like I said it’s a big unknown for me in venturing this and I'm not going to fully support this project until I had fully understood it pro's and con's. I'm going to establish it in BPI but with only bare minimal requirements for now. If this project provides a good yield then I'd expand it further. From my understanding I had to open first a BPI account and then establish a mutual fund which the initial money it will take is at least 20,000 PHP, from there - once its establish , its anything goes.

Establishing a mutual fund will also be kept secret from my family members, to avoid them having any mismanage idea's . No further information will be leaked.