Total Pageviews

Friday, July 28, 2017

REJECTION



Given with the situation that I'm already months without work, I had decided to go ahead and reapply again back to Career Ship Management - just to be sure. However despite my efforts and credentials (plus work experience that I'm their former employee). My application was turned down and they just simply said "they'd call back" which meant in general that they're simply not interested ., and they just simply had me write my number in their "census" survey form.

It bothers me that my reapply was rejected given that chances of former crew members being rehired is much higher compared to new applicants - especially on my job position being on the "experienced" category. I am thinking something must have went wrong ., What I did witness was that the new guy ., looked into my seaman's book and after looking on it thoroughly he went to Mr. "nidoy's" office and remained there for a couple of minutes. Its likely that they searched on the records and something must have been written on it on my records there ., after a few minutes the called me back and said that they'd just call me back . Which I do know clearly what it meant.

Nevertheless given the results on what happened., it only showed that employment for seaman in the Philippines is notoriously difficult even for sailors (O.S. Rank) who already have 5 years of experience. Almost everyone in this job is considered expendable.

Overall I'm not bitter that Career Ship Management rejected me on my reapply to them., I do know very well that the consequences in leaving Career from the start would mean being not able to rejoin that company ever again and I blame CF Sharp for luring me out on that safe hole which greatly meant my job posting would utterly be destroyed.  It was a poor decision I had made a year back.

Anyway I wont be returning back to Career ever again ., probably because i guess its time to move on and start something fresh.