Total Pageviews

Monday, August 21, 2017

SUPRISING TURN OF EVENTS



Things have turned out for the worst for me, not only that I'm stuck here in the Philippines for months now - but my only chances of returning and going back as a sailor have turned me down. So practically I'm unemployed right now. As of now I'm trying my best in finding work.

Recently things had a surprising turn of events ., UPL Shipping Lines (Earlier I thought that they're not interested in me). Suddenly dropped me a call and said I should report on their office for initial interview, So I went and as it goes by - the situation got dragged along with a couple of interview with the company and later on the principal representative. Up to the point that they had collected my documents.

For now they said that I should wait for further announcement from "Shell" principal on what I should do next. It's an advantage that I had to wait to this as a "breather" and prepare on what will be next. The latest word I heard from "sally" in UPL is that its possible that I should take an BTLNG training seminar (Basic Training of Liquefied Gas Tanker seminar)  of some sort , as its possible that I might be assigned to an LNG type of tanker ship.

For the moment my overall impression with UPL is Generally positive, Most of the HR staff in Shell principal is welcoming along with "Jeremy Francisco" on the Passenger HR as well. The only exception was the female head manager (sort of) on the shell principal in which I view as an intimidating and vicious little bitch. Her interview is more like a threat rather than a typical job interview. Can't imagine she was threatening me by saying that job promotions on this shipping company would be very stiff and she implied that on my case ., I have to have at least 4 contracts with them (minimum) for them to just even consider being promoted.

They reason out a ridiculous answer that they wanted a more stable crew workforce and frown on crewmembers who will ditch them out if things went sour. Not realizing that if they wanted a crew member to stay they should "throw in" some perks to make the stay worthwhile (like call center companies do)