Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 17, 2020

MGP Project

In a couple of past few days i was busy on a lot of things ., mostly stuff related to my work . I'm not exactly on work right now but I'm mostly developing equipment that might be of use on my next ship assigned , which includes both software and hardware type of equipment.

 

One such project i had been working out is a "Mobile Gadgets Platform" ., which is more like a fancy name for a foldable laptop desk. Basically my idea is more like having my electronic gadgets be put up on a small portable (and foldable) desk for a laptop. Anyway for now i cant really give much detail about this since its in the "prototype" phase and will have to do some more refining and test . Its final trial (if this project ever makes it) will be the actual usage when i'm working onboard on a ship.

 

another thing i had been working on is upgrading of the vintage MacBook i got on an online buy and sell site. The MacBook i bought is apparently vintage and obsolete now in todays MacBook's standards and yet surprisingly it still works fine (software wise) despite being around for at least over a decade. I tried to upgrade this Mac on the software and at least put it on the nearest usable operating system it has to offer. "El Capitan" Operating System is the nearest i could upgrade without hacking the system ., I'm worried that if i hacked on the system and upgraded it to the latest O.S. (High Sierra or Catalina) , there would be some functions on its hardware that would be unusable like for example its "trackpad" or the "WIFI device". Apparently this was mentioned by the hacker i saw on YouTube when he showed it in his channel. He explained that it has something to do with the hardware and that Mac's have problems when it comes to backward compatibility issue when it comes to hardware unlike Microsoft windows.

 

In any case i didn't bother to upgrade the mac any further than "El Capitan" ., I figured that its too much of a hassle (and risk) in sacrificing a trackpad or the WIFI device - it will be better off when i buy a much more better Mac next year and that i only bought a MacBook for the reasons of being familiar with the in's and out of using apple software.  Speaking of software upgrades ., I did purchase an app in the apps store in Mac unfortunately when the time came to "activate" the app ., it simply ceased to function and a pop message keeps coming up telling me to "purchase" the app. hmpf ., i have already purchased the app and the only thing I'm wondering is why this app hasn't been activated yet ??? i already wrote a number of emails on the developer of the app and i didn't get a single reply. Really serves me a lesson on not to trust apps and hand out my credit card details because of this ., totally a waste of money.

 

In other news ...

 

I'm also into upgrading a few software's on my regular windows 10 device ., one of these upgrades that i had been doing is also expanding my steam games library by purchasing a few new games ., Thankfully steam platform always offers discounted games or promo sales which make buying of video games a lot less costly. Aside from that I had also upgrades some few games on my Nintendo switch , although to be frank games in Nintendo switch are expensive which results of me buying a few games on that console.

 

In other news ....

 

Aside from my task of a ton of upgrades and maintenance work on my electronic equipment ., I have also unpacked the stuff i have ordered from shopee online store months ago when i was still onboard. Materials and equipment related specifically for my work as a seafarer involved in maintenance. I unpacked a lot of equipment just stored on my closet,  There's a ton of set of tools i bought and even a whole gas mask set (3m 6800 gas mask) for use in work especially nowadays when there's a pandemic around which probably will last a year or two. I also included  to upgrade my the med kit i have and bought a whole new set for replacement.