Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 8, 2014

SRC UPGRADE

Total chaos as expected inside POEA, by the time I arrived there literary a hundred people flocking the whole compound to conduct their daily affairs related to overseas employment. 

 

Sadly there are a lot of changes in POEA compared to the last time I had been here a few years ago. The POEA is much more chaotic and disorganized now, worst is that the instant "one stop" shop they brag about a few years ago has been disbanded (booths that process all documents needed like , NSO , DFA, TESDA, PRC, MARINA, NTC, NBI, ). Aside from that they're no longer issuing the quarterly publication on the list of licensed maritime companies.

 

Anyway I'm here to get my SRC card here and according to the application form I got I'm scheduled here at 1pm to apply for that card. While I was waiting in the PAGIBIG waiting area, waiting. The Security guard called out and announced on the mega phone that they prioritize first MAAP graduates and they get to be out on front first in the waiting line (even though they arrived very late), A bit insulting not only me but to other people who arrived earlier.

 

Geez never knew that those pampered bitchy little girls get the special kind of treatment even on this government agency, I don't understand what makes them so different and special than the rest of us grunts standing here ? . Anyway that's the way here in the Philippines (specifically in the maritime industry), It's based on social status - not the law.

 

No big deal on me , just have to live with that part. Anyway The first step in applying for that card is of course get the application form from the security guard on the information area, which I had done a few days ago. Next step is get the requirements, I can't remember exactly the documents needed for first time applicant's and it's been years passed since renewed my SRC card but what I can only tell for now is the documents needed for the "Upgrading and Renewal" of old timers like myself. The documents needed are these only, the rest listed on the back of the said form are none essential.

 

Application Form

Passport size ID picture

Old SRC card

Seaman's Book

50 Philippine pesos

 

I only presented these at the SRC counter located at the mezziene floor and the guy at the counter told me to pay the 50 pesos fee at the fifth floor and then go back here. After paying the fee at that fifth floor , I was told again by another guy on the counter to wait at the PAGIBIG waiting area at around 3pm for the releasing. After waiting an hour the security guard called out queue numbers and I went back again on the mezziene floor and got my card there along with my Seaman's book.

 

When I got the card , I took a good look at it and noticed that there's nothing special on this SRC card, it's appearance didn't even changed at all during these years , It's just a piece of paper indicating a sailors registry number and its new rank. The same paper card I got years ago.

 

Once that I had finished my business in the SRC , I went on the extra mile in settling out my PAGIBIG number (housing loan thing). A year ago I had already registered my tracking number online, and now aside from having an online number , Career now requires me to get an actual card number from PAGIBIG itself.  Anyway I got my PAGIBIG card very easily, I just told the guard in the PAGIBIG office about my tracking number and after a few minutes he presented me a card. 

 

Finished all my agenda's in POEA In a single day and that wraps up my latest business on that place, My next objective will be this

 

Submit SRC card, and other Documents to career shipping

Finish the dental repairs ,and go back to the medical clinic.

Get the COP certificate at PNTI school