Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 3, 2014

FULLY BOOKED

usual routine medical test , answer honestly the HIV / STD test 
Routine medical examinations in Maritime Medical laboratory clinic proceeded as scheduled and with little problem (only Dental and possibly X-Ray as the main challenge). It took me only half a day to finish all the 5 Medical exam stages ,which included Audio, Optical, Laboratory (blood chemical), X-ray and ECG, Physical, Drug test and Psychological test. I'm glad that my stool sample is no longer needed on the laboratory test , So I just threw my "shit cup" on the trash bin.

Apparently according to the attending dentist that checked my teeth the cost of the entire dental repairs will be as much as 2,400 PHP and that even excludes the dental cleaning that will follow. The cost of the repairs is very high and I'm not exactly sure if having it repaired on the said clinic will persue , For now the only remedy solution I could think of is have my teeth repaired on a local government hospital and get a Medical certificate there.

For the record, the repair form given to me says I need to have dental fillings on three carries and some cleaning. As for the X-ray issue , I was told by the med tech that my current Chest X-ray result will be made in comparison with the previous medical X-ray they have on their database and submitting a previous chest X-ray plate I had will no longer be necessary.

SRC application form in POEA
As of the moment my medical is still pending as of now.

Late at night , I was given by my sister some money to cover up a few expenses that will be needed for the latter.

On the following day. I left the house very early to update my SRC (seafarers registration card ) at POEA office in Ortigas. Arriving early I asked the security guard at the information booth there on where I could  update my card, The security guard prompt just gave me a paper application form and said that I have to go back again on May 5 in the afternoon to have my application form be processed. I took the form before the security guard changes his mind and did ask any further on why the hell why I have to wait for a couple of days more for just a piece of paper. As I read on the back of the form SRC cost only as little as 50 PHP and I only have to present a few original documents which includes my Seaman's Book , Passport and a 1 x 1 picture

Didn't stayed in POEA that long and went to Career Ship management office in Evangelista office located in Makati Edsa to ask if I can borrow my passport from the office (from what I read on the form, a passport is needed to update SRC). The lady on the counter said that my passport is no longer needed and assured me that my seaman's book is enough to update my SRC. I do hope on what she says is true cause I have a nasty impression that most staff in Career are a bunch of big fucking liars who set the wrong expectations on people like what just happened a year ago about the wrong airport terminal (telling us its terminal 1 instead or terminal 3).  Anyway her words will be tested on May 5 and see if its correct,


Just chilling out on the local mall after the POEA visit
SRC requirements for new and "Upgrading" ratings