Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 17, 2015

CHANGING BRANDS



Half of my leave pay just went down very easily in just a few hours. Often times I think that such a huge amount could have been put elsewhere to good use if we didn’t have any debt commitments to other people, I could have bought a lot of things to the house if I didn’t have huge debts to pay - Maybe I'd buy a big LCD TV along with a Refrigerator and DVD player , perhaps I'd even purchase a 22. calibre hand gun from the local gun shop. I can't argue that those debts are of reasonable nature , and if it weren't for those debts that we made during mom's hospitalization, mom wouldn't be alive now and vertical. For the record 40 thousands pesos was obliterated within roughly just two hours, after I got my leave pay.

On the following days I just stayed on my house , repairing and modifying more equipment. On the 13th of January, got a dose of a little bit of sunshine and surveyed any possible DFA branches on local malls were I could a passport with less the hassle of waking up early. One of my surveys in Ali mall cubao , yielded a promising result, The DFA branch there is less crowded and for my inquiry on the business hours , they open at about 10am. Which meant that I don’t have to get the hassle of waking up early just to get in the line.

The next day , I went out on shopping and started buying / replacing needed working equipment. I started out in Recto area where I had to buy a replacement for the working goggles I use, didn’t have any trouble on what I was looking for given that there are a lot of airsoft gun shops in the area, aside from that I also bought a multi-tool pliers. On my browsing on some of the shops , I saw a military water canteen type which I need to replace my old cylindrical water canteen. Unfortunately the shop vendor was rude and even try to overprice that item , charging me of 800 PHP plus on it. Obvious I declined buying the item and figured that I might get the same item on a much lower price in gun / military supply shops nearby Camp Crame area in Cubao. After finishing buying those equipment. My next stop was the malls in cubao area, I went on a little browsing there but nothing interesting of any kind.  Last stop was on the metro east malls (sta. Lucia east grand mall , and Robinson's mall)

There I found some interesting things to buy - mostly civilian clothes , First off was the new back pack I bought specifically designed for travel and bigger capacity for luggage. Reason why I bought it was for that in case of an event where two of my check-in luggage will get lost on an airport, I can still continue my work on-board a ship without any problems. In other words , its extra space is meant for some working clothes. The back pack was so big that when I compare the size to one of my Check-in luggage it was nearly almost the same size.  In Robinsons mall I bought a new outfit to replace my aging "embarkation outfit" which I had been wearing four years now.

I recall a few years back that my personal clothing brand will be "Bench" , unfortunately on recent years it seems that the quality of material they have been using is getting poorer and found out recently from my younger sister (last year she work on the clothing line , as a store supervisor) that those materials they were using were made from china , which explains of their poor quality. In relation to this I'm not exactly recommending buying clothes on "Bench" anymore and will be phasing out my remaining "bench" brand civilian clothes on my closet (or even my gear used on work). My alternate choice will be either "folded and hung" brand or "Penshoppee" - As this has the same price but better quality of goods  . My sister tells me that I shouldn't patronize "bench" anymore as it is now becoming more accessible to commoner's and forgot its target of exclusivity on the upper class people.

On the next few days I went on shopping for a few more equipment. Earlier I was choosing if I could get a Motorola GP328 two way radio or a spy eye glasses, I opted the spy eyeglasses and bought it on a surveillance shop store in Ali mall cubao. Spy eyeglasses are way cheaper than buying a two way radio, a brand new Motorola GP328 cost something about 16,000 Plus PHP even the parts of that radio cost 2000 Php on the least - while the spy eyeglasses cost about 2,500 Php.

New "Embarkation outfit" id be using on my new next upcoming ship replacing the old green type , out fit looks more similar to a heavy metal band member. Black jacket came from JAG clothing store (cost is 2000 PHP), Folded and Hung Denim pants ( cost 1000 PHP) and checkered grey polo shirt from penshoppe (cost around 565 PHP)  






Comparison size of my back pack to my 2nd travel luggage, quiet huge right ?

Nylon string i bought on DAISO JAP store on the local mall , cost only 66 PHP , used as make shift hanger for laundry inside my cabin.


Set of underwear i bought on bench , cost about 549 PHP , Seriously this will be one of the last products of bench id be using. on the near future i'd be using a different clothing brand for my clothes. Bench materials are very poor