Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

CLOTHES FOR THE EXPAT

Had already been here a couple of days now and yet I feel as if like I was dreaming. I'm here physically and yet somehow the sensation of being in the Philippines is a bit far as if like I was detached somehow on the surroundings.

On the past few days I was busy tending to the equipment and gear I will be using on my next working assignment. My work was centred on my 1st check in luggage , which is basically houses my personal clothes and a few working gear equipment.  I had to try which civilian clothes I will wear for embarkation, normal casual wear, special / social occasion wear,  and disembarkation / hotel / airport wear. Clothes of sailors should be divided into that four categories. TAKE NOTE THAT THIS IS CIVILIAN CLOTHES AND NOT UNIFORM.

embarkation wear sample
Embarkation wear is mostly the clothes I will wear when joining the ship, mostly it's just a street casual clothes , with plenty of pockets (preferably a jacket of some sort) and comfortable enough to move around very quickly especially on making way on changing airport terminals and such.

Working / Normal casual wear maybe a bit technical for this blog, but in plainly speaking this is just normal house clothes like t-shirt , shorts and flip flops. Nothing special or fashionable on this clothes category.

example of Special wear
Special / Social Occasion wear , refers to sets of clothes I will wear on a social gatherings like grill parties (if allowed), birthday parties, International holidays like Christmas and New Year. Basically this type of clothes is something close to casual wear , as long as it's clean and decent. Another occasion it will be used is the "Shore leave" - were I get to go outside the ship for a few hours.


Disembarkation / Hotel / Airport wear . Refers to set of clothes I'd get to wear . Mostly this is a formal wear or at least semi-formal wear in appearance, Rule in wearing a formal clothes (if a sailor has one) is that never hold back on what will appear nice and respectable - after all this will be the last time they will ever see me.

In other news related to working gear…

For now, due to lack of funds . Card board box cutters are the only equipment's that are replaced 


Did had little progress on work related equipment, One reason is funding. For the moment I lack the funds in purchasing the equipment I will need for my next working assignment - in fact up to now  I haven't even replaced the equipment that was considered destroyed on my last work. Probably I still have to wait until I get my "Leave pay" as funding.

In news around my house ….

For the moment, my younger sister ran an errand for me in getting a Phil health card (government health insurance). I just gave her an "Authorization letter" , two valid ID's namely my passport and "Seaman's" book and voila ! , after a few hours visiting the government health insurance office. She was able to get me an I'D card and know my Phil Health number after all these years.

Presently having an active Government health Insurance policy isn't exactly a priority and the only reason why I wanted to get one was because for my mom's sake as beneficiary. Unfortunately my younger sister brought in the news after she got my I'D that our mom's will cannot be covered by the health insurance , she said according to government policy here in the Philippines , it does not extend to immediate relatives. A big bummer on the news.  If somehow that if my health insurance covers our mom , it would be a big help in extending the coverage of her "free" (or in reality discounted) dialysis sessions. Such a shame Phil-Health doesn’t cover that.

As for the rest of the days , I had been doing almost a lot of unimportant stuff like catching up on re run shows of "walking dead season 5" or watching movies that was released last 2014.