Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 19, 2015

THE UGLY TRUTH

APRIL 07, 2015 Tuesday

"WORK HAS STARTED, MAY IT END SOON"

Just unfinished unpacking my stuff and putting some of it on my cabinet and my locker for work. I tend to reflect and look back on my life in the Philippines, on those nearly 3 months that have passed seems like just a dream, and that I had to woke up again and find myself here in European waters. Frankly I wish I had more time back home and there are still a lot of stuff that I wish to do in the Philippines that was cut short because of my work as a sailor., Seriously I'm not enjoying my life knowing that I'm imprisoned here and all locked up on some floating vehicle that strides over water - I mean I should be spending my life in making important memories than being trapped and doing work.

Anyway being a sailor, One should be mentally, Physically and logistically stable enough to endure its rigors. Most sailors overlook this factor and just concentrate on their experience and knowledge on work and look on how they turned out - a total social degenerate, unable to cope and fit in on the outside world and a social outcast. Yes most of them indeed are very good doing their respective jobs but anything beyond that , their just simply poison and mentally handicap.

Being a sailor myself, I not only focus my attention on the knowledge and experience but pay attention on being mentally, physically and logistically stable, I focus on those factors as well which sets me a bit different from the rest of the litter. Not to brag but I can say that from the rest of the group here, I'm one of the most well equip and advance when it comes to the gear I use on work. Some of the folks here just relay on experience and skill alone to last for the contract compared to me.

Honestly I take pride that I excel on the logistics factor and knowing that I'd be away from home for months on work and being Isolated and no going back until the contract finishes. I brought along  all the necessary equipment needed to last for the long duration, this includes not only work equipment but also personal equipment like external hard drives which contains movies and a laptop which has national geographic documentary videos to entertain me plus several video games and an offline journal. Aside from that I had a PC tablet as a support device for my Laptop in case something bad happens. I guess I excel on the logistical and this provides me comfort that I will last out more than six months despite the conditions here.

In matters happening on-board

A lot of people might wonder why I put my stuff on the bathroom instead of the locker room, it is because of security reasons and to prevent thievery from my other crewmates, Aside from that is that I could easily get dressed up in case I'm needed on work in a short notice. I started this tactic way back on my second ship "Bow Ophelia" and was not perfected until my stay in Cape Tallin which was in full use and was very effective against my enemies there, providing isolation and security. 

Anyway I had just finished renovating and fixing up the bathroom of my cabin and converting it as a makeshift locker room (aside from a bath room) and made use of a bed sheet as a suitable replacement for a shower curtain to prevent my working equipment from getting wet.

At around 11:45 am I was getting ready to prepare for work and will take a meal on the crew mess when suddenly I noticed that the crew mess was a bit different and there were white sheets placed on the two tables, what added more to my astonishment was that there are still no food prepared yet for the noon meal. I went back to the kitchen and saw that Chief cook Pineda was still preparing food, I asked him if there's anything special going on at the crew mess and he said that there is indeed some sort of upcoming party or get together of sorts two hours from now . I was asked back if I do recall a scheduled party of sorts a few days back, I replied that indeed I do remember that there's a scheduled party but never occurred to me that it was supposedly today and though earlier that it was after this port that a party will be held.

At about 2pm I was going down to the crew mess to get some chow when I heard my phone cabin rang, It was A.B. Nelson Dominguito. Message was that I had to go to the portside to prepare the pilot ladder, From that message I already knew that this ship will know be leaving tarragona, Spain. I hurriedly got dressed up and went there. When I arrived There was only BOSUN Diosana and O.S. Rafael Crisostomo preparing the ladder and I joined up with them. Combination ladder seems to be very easy now on my side knowing previously that Greenland and Agulhas ship are exactly alike even on equipment and somehow believe it or not - I'm not exactly afraid in going down on the gangway ladder anymore, it just seemed now that everything makes sense. 

After the ladder was Finished, the next thing to do was go to the Forward mooring station and Unmoor the ship. The mooring arrangement 2-2-2 wasn’t a problem and we hurriedly Unmoored and packed the ropes inside the BOSUN'S Store compartment. While stowing I manage to have a small chat with BOSUN Diosana, from what I learned from him my previous BOSUN. Mr. Payopay , was a total badass as a BOSUN years back and it was only until recently when he lost his son that his bad habit got toned down. Well it was good for me that Mr Payopay toned down during my time in Greenland, and I never thought he was an asshole before.

Soon after work was done, We the party proceeded but I wasn’t exactly in the mood to eat , probably because I'm more tired rather than hungry. During the meal time I heard rumours that 2nd engineer Yuriy Pavlenko was gay (homosexual) of some sort, I don’t know it that was exactly true or not and probably just some nasty rumours of sort going on. Anyway during the meal despite everybody is tired and wanted to rest on the next day , it seems that Captain Sorin wanted us to work straight even on Sundays. Well looks that way. For now the alexandria, Egypt destination got scrubbed and was replaced with Rotterdam, Netherlands destination. If that will be the case then I guess I'd be seeing Sunny Euro again (Europeans call it sunny radio).

THE FOLLOWING DAY …..

First day of maintenance, Seriously it's just like any other day when I'm on-board on the past 5 ships. Usual deck washing "Baldeho" although some of my current co-workers are having a difficult time adjusting on this new time schedule Captain Sorin put up. Supposedly there shouldn't be any work but it looks like Sorin never really cared about it. Anyway on my part I had no problems with it given that I maintain a policy of readiness since I'm on-board working, to simply put it never drink a lot of beer (and any kind of alcohol) if I'm not sure whether there's work for tomorrow and we might never knew if the Captain is truly an asshole and this is the instance that I'm well adapted.

On the first day of maintenance work for us, Pumpman Sepulveda was very furious about some guy in the engine room. I didn't ask further who it was or what was the reason but it's definitely some guys there, saying that there a bunch of cocky sons of bitches.

UGLY TRUTH ABOUT CAPTAIN SORIN SALVADORE SAGETA.  

Back on my last ship, I heard some stories about this captain, about him being one of the meanest, toughest , son of a bitch in NSB. Sometimes I even wonder when I hear those stories that it might be just an exaggerated kind of circulating rumour of sorts. Anyway the story about this Captain is that he is rumoured to be an autocratic high and mighty person who abuses his crew. Based also on the rumours I heard was that most crew in the Philippines refused to join any NSB ship when they find out that their ship captain will be Sorin, In fact from what I heard was that CONTI Greenland ( the former ship I was assigned with) went to a formal protest in NSB when they heard "Sorin" was coming. The protest says that he wants that captain booted out, NSB responded that they will reshuffle their list of captains so that the crew won't have any idea , who's coming.

There's another rumour going on that one mess man committed suicide when he heard that captain was coming. The mess man was mentally abused and always demeaned on the previous captain and when he heard that the next captain will be the same ( Captain Sorin Sageta ), he couldn't take it anymore and decided to jump on the sea.

Another rumour I heard was that the person who saved him was in such regret that he had to save that captain at all from a heart attack a few years back, Story goes on saying that he should have let the captain died from it rather than reviving him. The ship would be a better place without him and despite its "unintentional murder" nature, story says it was for the greater good of all the people on-board if he's dead.

Anyway to add there's a funny version of that story on how that captain was revived from a heart attack , I'm not exactly sure as how it goes but from what I heard , CPR wasn't exactly performed on him when he had a heart attack , apparently from what I heard . Some guy literary pulled off his dick from his pants just to save him, and according to tale. The captain was so furious that instead worrying of his heart attack, he sprang up from furiousness and told the guy to never pull off his dick from his crouch ever again.