Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 19, 2015

TOILET TROUBLES




April 16, 2015 Thursday

While waiting for any news regarding berthing schedule, This ship temporarily had  a tiny problem regarding vacuum type toilets. Problem started at around 10 pm late night when the toilets stopped flushing (or suctioning given that it’s a "Vacuum" type) and persisted until on the next day of 7pm, worst part is that the septic / toilet system here on this ship is centralize which meant that if one machine (or area) breaks down the whole entire ship is also affected. Not exactly sure on what is the specific details given that it's an engineering maintenance kind of job, but from what I overheard it has something to do with the machine that produces a suction.

During the time the toilets were broken , some of my co-workers here are joking about us readying the buckets and throwing crap on the poop deck during night time where everyone else isn’t looking (I'm starting to figure out why the "Poop deck" is called that). For time the whole crew tried to hold off our urine and poop until the toilet machine down below the engine room got fixed. The whole engineering crew was all over it and had its full attention getting it on working condition. The jokes didn't stop until after dinner , saying that we should try not to eat that much given that some of us might not hold of our poop longer than expected, eventually the toilets started working again at around 7pm otherwise we'd start throwing poop at the aft area of this ship.

In regards to work….

Captain Sorin seems to be hyper mode, and keeps making rounds and looking for people if they look busy on work. Of course I had to steer clear and lay low given that SORIN is riding asses again.

In particular he was riled up on O.S. Bantic, Elezar A. ,When he asked on what's the next thing he will do after this work. O.S. Bantic replied that he's going to sleep afterwards. From afar I saw the commotion going on (I was in the forward area of the ship, working on the sprinkler valves) , I was busy chipping off rust and polishing the valve and was already near finish when after a few minutes , I saw on my back that the captain was looking at me. Very intimidating and said what I was doing and gave me some comments that I shouldn't keep the air always on as it may have problems later on the ships compressor.