Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

CROSS PLATFORM



There is some trouble lately on the internet connection, for some reason "Smart communications"  lately pulled out its unlimited prepaid internet connection and replaced it with a much less disappointing 800 MB per day offer called "SurfMax" . Not a very good news for me given that I use torrents for downloading of some stuff I need , in particular PC games. Frankly I'm having a hard time finishing those downloads because of it.

In other news related to my work …

For now things are going smoothly and in fact, I had just finish all the necessary working papers needed. I am now just literary waiting for my time to be called up and wait for the dispatch orders coming from my company. However despite being ready there is one part of my working papers that is somewhat questionable, Specifically my Schengen visa (European Visa) - from what I recall its was supposedly to be expired this September and I had to renew this visa. I'm not entirely sure that my next ship still requires a Schengen visa but what I can say is that my U.S. Visa is still active and that my Schengen is expired, Maybe I have to go back to my company and verify about what will they have to do with my Schengen visa.

As for my equipment , I had just finished customizing all my stuff and all it needs to do is pack it up on my 2nd luggage. I had finished sewing my reserve coveralls and putting extra pockets on its shoulder , aside from adding a zipper function. On my water canteen , I had added a company patch to it so it won't look too much like a military water canteen and look more like a civilian type

Another thing about my equipment lately is that I kept inspecting it every now and then to keep insects away (specifically ants) from building a hive inside my luggage. It's annoying for me that animals and insects have an automatic behavior that makes them go to my luggage, and the bad part is that they always destroy something on my luggage. Last year it was my sisters dogs that keep chewing on my electric cords and other parts of my luggage , and the year before my cats were sleeping and leaving their fur  behind. For this year its these ants that got inside my luggage and nearly chewed off (or drilled holes) on  my "ateneo" collectible jacket. I got rid of the jacket and washed it but it looks like that these ants are not only after that but are even planning on building a hive inside the bag.

the outfit that the ants chewed off 


On my electronics equipment lately I had made a discovery about a certain android operating system emulator for windows. If I recall correct the website is called www.bluestacks.com , and can be downloaded on the internet. I haven't fully tested it out yet but it shows promise in playing all the android apps that can only be played on the cell phone and tablet. For now the thing it can do is back up my contact list on  my phone and do basic google related apps, Another thing that I noticed on this program is that requires an Wi-Fi or internet access to be played, without it basically it can't do anything else.