Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2016

JOB HUNTING SORTIE



On the morning of March 28th , I set out to look for a job. Travelling is less costly (and less stressful) from marikina going to intramurous manila than marikina going to Evangelista makati. So I'm at least comfortable , I had already done a lot of thinking a few days back and I'm already sick and tired of deliberating over and over again on whether I should look for work or not after being put on holding status for 5 months now. That long wait for me is already justifiable enough to do some action rather than wait, Besides both options for me are uncertain. Uncertain if I could get a job and uncertain that my current company will ever call back at all. Frankly despite my advances in the maritime career , I don’t have the self-confidence as I had on a land based job (specifically BPO kind of work) , Probably because majority of the attempts I made in the past was met with disappointments and disasters.
 
My intent date to look for work was on the 28th but due to suffering a bad cold and cough, I had to postpone my sortie for 48 hours, until my health improves. On Wednesday , My health seemed to be ok and went to intramurous Manila. I came to the company at around 10:00 and I was literary a walk in applicant. Due to my little mistake with the guard (actually a misunderstanding which I will later apologize to my contact / sponsor there) I was put on a different principal that the one I was intently aiming at. As a result I had to do a longer version of the application process than the shorter one, In any case I went on the process of being interviewed repeatedly and taking two types of computer related exam, plus the trouble of being checked out for background checks. It did not pose any problems but however it took me a while to achieve my objective.
 
After achieving the Objectives. Some of the staff on the company asked me that if it's possible for me to be mobilized within 24 hours given that I had a U.S. Visa, I told them it's not exactly possible on the fact that there are a lot of things to consider first. I enumerated first that I don’t exactly have my passport yet and it's still on the current possession of my current company , aside from that I'm not sure if some of the documents I had are still valid , plus even if both of these are ok, I still had to deal with the medical clinic along with some other paper works like allotment slip on banks. So basically my answer was a big no , but I said it in a gentle way. The last part on my sortie was I had to talk with the operations manager which asked me a few questions, incidentally the room was a bit dimmer and the guy was creepy and scary kind of guy. Which the funny part of it was that the interview looked more of like an interrogation.
 
Before my sortie ends I was ordered by the to retrieve two things. One is the evaluation report and the other was sea service certificate (which is equivalent to "certificate of employment" document on any land based job).
 
The following day I went to Career Ship management, I wasn't comfortable in telling the company that I'd be leaving but of course there is no other option and I have to bid farewell to them. When I arrived I went directly to Captain Galang the operations manager and said my predicament. Captain Galang was very professional and friendly on our discussion certainly a real example of a good superintendent , Compared to other superintendents that I know from the past who are nothing more than a bunch of nasty sons of bitches. Captain Galang was very helpful and even pointed me on the right direction on where I would claim my documents and even put on a good word to the company I'm transferring that I'm scheduled to be promoted to A.B.
 
I recovered the few remaining documents they have in possession except the Certificate of sea service which I will recover by Monday. After that I'd be directly  submitting it to the company I'm transferring at. As for the confidential / evaluation report , It looks like that I won't be getting a copy of it at all because of some paper work problems from the principal (apparently they were lazy on the paper work).
 
On my way home, at the bus. I received a text and apparently this came from one of my most recent haters on my blog , "Chris rematotot" errr "Christian Remoto" . Anyway the text as usual is nothing but full of shit just like as his name is. Apparently even threatens me to report my blog to the company which I doubt because guys like him don’t have any balls, besides good luck to him if he ever does that, and he can give my regards to the crewing manager - more importantly I haven't heard of any sailor who got reprimanded because he was maintaining a blog. In any case it only shows proof on how stupid and idiotic this so sailor called "Christian Remoto" , can he think of something else that is original ??!! And if he's going to take vengeance, can he please hurry it up because I'm getting bored with all his talk but no action . He can just plainly kiss my ass !!! 
 
Anyway there isn't that much to expect on that stupid old Mongoloid aside from harassing people both on the internet and in real life , but from what I heard being dumb and stupid can be genetically inherited and let's hope that it won't be passed down to his children or else society will be again in burden for adding numbers to the mongoloid populace. Overall this reflects on how poorly civilized Filipino sailors are - that they stalk people. Anyway based on his SMS message he apparently comes from of the provinces, which is not surprising on the fact that most people there are savages and lack urban manners compared to people who came from metro manila area and Makati (or at least G.M.A. i.e. greater manila area) . I ask myself and wonder how jebsen even hired an idiotic savage like him ? Probably jebsen management is crapping out on their job and forgot to screen out people like these ? Or  maybe they have lowered their employment standards to pathetic levels.