Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2016

MESSAGE FROM A FRIEND


A week before Easter Sunday, I had a chat with my friend and college classmate on Face book and had a chat about my predicament. On the chat he told me that he sent an email to his crewing manager and I had to look for some guy named "Vladimir Reyes" of CF Sharpe Shipping Company. Obviously for me I see this was an invitation to join CF Sharpe's Band wagon and at the same time a guarantee that my friend will act as my sponsor (backer). According to my friend  he already sent an email to this crewing manager , something about "letter of recommendation" kind of stuff, so I won't have problems getting inside and probably they will be expecting me. Anyway It eases my mind that my friend would back me up and for the least I wouldn't have to think that looking for a job on that company will not end up me being chased out on the shipping office - (as what happened to me a lot times during my deck cadet years).
 
Given with this information (and invitation), I considered getting a job in CF Sharpe a top priority right now and had set aside other agenda's I have at the moment until I get some results from this , whether it’s positive or not. I already made preparations in securing a chest x-ray film copy for later use if in case things went well , and to add more effect on the "first impression" I also took a haircut so I don’t get on the wrong foot with crewing manager in case he has a nasty habit. Believe it or not first impressions last in looking for a job particularly in the shipping community.
 
For now I'm not totally uncertain in looking for a job as a sailor compared to years ago when I was still a deck cadet transitioning to an O.S. . Main reason is because of the fact that I'm experienced now and that my documents have more qualifications in it that it was years back, so overall estimate is that qualifications for an "ordinary seaman" won't be a problem for me once I get inside CF Sharpe's office at least on my perspective. I remember a few years back that I was marooned here in the Philippines by my former company and had little or no money at all on that time, to make it worst my employment experience was one a year and I had no license nor even have a U.S. Visa. Practically my employment situation at that time was very grim. The only thing good about my situation was I do not heavily relay economically on the maritime / shipping industry and had other skills. Now years later , I'm better off and could say that I'm at least "have something" on my work as a sailor.