Total Pageviews

Monday, August 28, 2017

BACK TO HALCYON



Within a short time , UPL has accepted my application and has endorsed me on its principal "Shell". It didn’t took long that they accepted and I was quickly told via SMS that I should report back to UPL office to get my medical referral slip for the job.

When i reported in the office a couple of days later., I was surprised to see that the medical clinic I will be having for my medical was "Halcyon". The same clinic that I had a hard time with more than 2 years ago. Basically "Halcyon" medical clinic was a scam to begin with and frankly their medical test only cover the initial test ., any succeeding medical test (or test that needs to be repeated) have to be paid by the patient (seafarer). So as a result Halcyon probably flunks most of its patients to squeeze much money as they can. So for people taking medical exam on halcyon , better gets their wallets prepared for the rip off .

If I recall correct the problems I had two years ago on halcyon were these.

Urinalysis
Psycho / IQ exam
ECG
Dental

Now my main problem when I face Halcyon medical clinic will be the urinalysis and ECG (which is expensive) ., which I will counter by already stopped drinking soft drinks and any other carbonated drinks a few days ago - and drank only water.

For the IQ test there's no exact remedy for it, just probably take my time in answering all the question and see how it works ., as for the dental I'm not sure if there's any problems at all but as far as I recall all dental problems had been fixed since last March 2017.  

Most likely it will take me at least three days to normally clear a medical exam., with the assumption that no failed medical test will occur for me. But of Halcyon ., I'd say probably for a month.