Total Pageviews

Monday, August 28, 2017

PENDING MEDICAL TEST




Pre-employment medical exam went on as expected and as usual I'm not very enthusiastic about Halcyon Marine Health clinic knowing that this clinic is notorious for being a money gouging one. I had no trouble finding the clinic since I googled it a day before to know its location. The directions going there was basically I had to take a bus and drop off in "buendia" area in edsa and walk my way until I reach "Pacific star building" and turn right on the street.

I did finish the usual screenings like ECG, urinalysis , blood lab , x-ray etc. and finished all the test by around 2pm. During the medical exams I still brought along my old x-ray film inside my back pack just in case it might be needed - thankfully the x-ray staff inside the clinic told me that it's no longer needed since I was previously a patient here two years back.

The following day I had come back again to submit my stool sample and finding out any pending test that I had on the medical. (Apparently halcyon's online patients medical records wasn’t that updated until I finish first all the medical screenings., in other words I won't find out any problems until it's too late - so I had to be there in person just to ask them what seems to be wrong. )

The staff in halcyon was very rude this time ., starting off with the security guard which had me going back and forth on the 10th , 14th and 19th floors of the building because of wrong information he gave . The medical staff wasn't helpful as well especially the booth on where I had to ask the staff on which medical test I had pendings with.  Very ill-mannered staff !

Anyway ., I never liked Halcyon medical clinic in the first place because they extort a lot money on their patients. They always come up with all sorts of medical reasons or excuses just they can get away of their fraudulent practices. 

From what I learned I had these "pending" medical test,.  Apparently the medical test I flunked in their clinic.

OPT Otoscopy (basically means get an EENT doctor to remove my earwax)
Dental prophylaxis (means get a dentist to clean my teeth )
Threadmill (apparently I flunked their ECG and had to undergo this test)
Rapid PPD (something to do with a lung test ., )

Overall this is the "appointment" fee they have to charge me , if I show up again on their clinic.

OPT - 100 PHP
Dental appointment - 50 PHP
Threadmill - 1650 PHP
Rapid PPD - 450 PHP