Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 17, 2012

NOT FOR THE BETTER

Garden at a public hospital , Glad they took some time for the ambiance  


QA reports on my calls haven't been turning out positive and for some way I always get  mark down on almost everything on my calls. Anyway what is to expect on QA's right ? Their job as far as I know is to make life more difficult in the call center , and it's their job to hunt us down and be a fault finder.

According to the reports I received I already have a mark down for D.P.A. (verbal Password to be asked on the caller during the call ) twice for the record and that If received another , then it will be the final before getting fired, Well I guess that's the way of life in the call center and that sooner or later I'd get caught by the QA one day when I'm really having a bad day and be summarily fired without any due process.

Newly opened McDonald's  beside my house , soon I'b be eating my way to happiness
 Quite honestly I'm not bothered at all by this and practically speaking I'm not staying here in TRANSCOM for long periods (though I cannot leave yet till have full preparations set), I just see the working environment here to be deadlock and restricting for any call center agent to flourish.

Since I'm not doing so well on work , I had now started securing a few things which include money, medicine, food etc. incase in the advent of the possibility of being terminated on work in a ,much sooner basis. I had to take preparations for an unscheduled departure and the transition period of unemployment time from TRANSCOM to another company.

As what I mentioned on this journal and from my previous entries , Being in the call center is not exactly a permanent basis but more of a "transition work" while I'm sorting out my issues in the maritime sector.

In other news related to work….

T.L "John Rivero" informed us that the site of TRANSCOM in EDSA needs about 190 agents to fill in to the vacancy there  and relocated would be relocating agents from here to there. Immediately after announcing it to the group , "Dustin" , "Rene" , "Mark" , "Gwen" , "Mcvin" sent an email to T.L. "John Rivero" on their intention to join the  EDSA TRANSCOM bandwagon. While me and "Rose" decide to stay here. According to T.L. "John Rivero" the transfers will be effective immediately on December 10 , So I guess it's only me an "Rose" that will be here and be folded up on a much larger group. The original group of Talktalk Plus TV Wave 4b will be splintered into two.

My reasons why I decided to stay are personal and economical , Personal in the sense that I don’t have good relations with the my co-workers and it’s a relief  that I'd be rid of them soon. I just don’t like working with people who contradict me on my decisions and interrupt me while I'm in the middle of calls and just to add more I don’t like working to people who say a lot of things behind my back and think they're high and mighty just because they supposedly knew better . Ugh ! I had enough of those kind of people when I worked at sea years before. DON'T GET ME WRONG I'M NOT ANTI-SOCIAL , I JUST DON’T LIKE WORKING WITH PEOPLE WHOM I DON’T LIKE - PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

2nd reason why I decided to stay is on the economic / financial part. Lets face it ! The transportation cost going to PASIG TRANSCOM is three times much less compared to EDSA SITE, In PASIG I only get to spend 19 PHP going to and from my house , while in EDSA site I'd be spending as much as 60 PHP on the cost of transportation alone. So if I plan to spend extra on food or other stuff expect that I'd be losing more than a 100 PHP a day. It will be disadvantageous for me to be relocated there on the financial part.

However despite the possibility of being transferred to EDSA has more disadvantage, there is in fact an advantage on it in some was. It's main advantage is since its in EDSA then its in the middle of a business district and than in the even that I'd get to be fired or leave TRANSCOM , I can easily replace my losses and go to another suitable companies and if ever I get decided to go back and look for a shipping company the "transportation time" going from TRANSCOM to other companies is much less than being in PASIG

For personal news.....

Currently i'm in the hospital watching over mom who got hospitalized yesterday (or was admitted to the hospital) , apparently the reason while she was admitted was because of high creatinin levels in her blood stream (some sort of thing related to kidneys, high levels means that kidney is failing) . Based on the previous lab results the levels were three times as high as a normal person should have , which basically explains why mom is having "swollen" foot for a month now. My worse worries is that mom may suffer the same fate as Aunt milen who is now on a full stage kidney failure and now undergoes constant dialysis every now and then . For now my sister and I are doing our best to keep the situation controlled and take care of mom in the hospital until she gets a bit better

Mom confined on a Public Philippine Hospital , To be honest , off the record - one of the worse places in the world to have medical treatment with.