Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 1, 2012

THE FEW LEFT


Changes in schedule has brought me to around 11pm to 8am shift, and there are only a few calls in UK during that time period (equivalent to 3pm to 12midnight). And as a result I only get to have very few calls during that shift and tremendously long avail time. The "Avail" time was so long that the recorded time was beyond an hour.

According to "Norman" this schedule will be put on the run for us for about several months, which meant that were stuck having long avail times, until someone from opts figures something out on our schedules. Not that I'm complaining , I think having long avail times are quite great and relieves stress  , however too much avail time is too bad also in call center agents as most of them get lazy and arrogant and in some rare cases pick on other agents.

During this week , our group suffered yet another lost  and two agents got fired,  It was "Badong" and "Chard" that got hit this time. It was a tough decision for "Norman" to inform them that they are going to report to the HR , but things had to be done and they have incurred too much absences and late's on work schedules and it was obvious on what things will turn out for them and sooner or later they'd be fired from the job. I guess they knew that they had it coming.

It was very cruel of TRANSCOM to let them not even finish their job shift first

Anyway since our group currently is just composed of 6 agents (including myself ) there is a rumor going on that we might get folded up and consolidated on the wave Talktalk Wave 3B just to fill up some extra vacant space , as of the moment the only thing I could comment about the rumor is that were working alongside with them and even share the same working station area with the same temporary Team Leader (Norman) and with the same working schedule. I will find out later on if indeed there will be a "Merger" of the two groups.

So how am I doing on this past week on work ? To be quite honest , I'm not doing so good and I'm fighting a losing war here and its only a matter a time before  I get fired . My performance is getting poor as I speak, and its in a downward spiral path.  For now the only Tactics I've been doing on calls is the "Hit and Miss" scenario, A trail and error phase as one might put it, and its been a very inefficient tactic in taking in calls. There were a significant number of calls that I solved in a wrong fashion and my stats is pummeling down steadily ,but what can I do right ? Its just that this account has a lot of problems given the broad scope that was put upon  us agents . Overall my progress was very little and that I think (based on the stats I had viewed) I will be fired by the end of nesting period , I'm the lowest on all the stats.

Anyway I did learned something that’s a bit useful , and that is the procedure on how to transfer calls from another department via Cisco Telephony . On what learned from the floor walker is that I had to press 9 first before adding the internal number's department ( example  91234556789 rather than just 123456789 only) . Honestly I'm thankful I've learned on that part but the problem is by the time I learned it , I was midway (2 weeks)in the nesting phase and had accidentally disconnected a lot of calls before I learned this procedure

Myself Taking the call and live in action on the job
 Honestly I'm not good as a CSR than a TSR and that realizing that I signing up as both of these is very disheartening , I am taking up a CSR / TSR / Tech 1 / Tech 2 job position with a 16K salary cap in it here , while other employees of TRANSCOM are just a dedicated CSR or TSR level 1 and yet they get the same salary as I have. This is outrageously unfair on my part that I had a lot of tons of workload put on me  while the others just enjoy little work and being paid on the same amount of salary,

 This lowers my morale tremendously and much more on the fact that my co-workers and I hate each other. The only good reason that I'm still staying on the job is purely financial reason and that I need to keep this dragging on to maximize the amount I could siphon for my future maritime agenda's . The truth is I'm not exactly bothered at all that my stats is the lowest of all nor the fact that working relations at the office is slowly deteriorating. Somehow I'm not taking this seriously and I don’t really care much on what happens next after Nesting phase.

For now I have a very low morale , its so low that even my work in TRANSCOM is affected and I'm wouldn't care less about anything aside from the money . I'm so dishearten that I'm reverting back to my old habits of disconnecting callers intentionally , believe me my performance is greatly affected by working relations

Honestly this job is one of the most difficult I had handled in the call center not because of the job itself but with the working relations and that the only compensation I was getting is the fact that I'm taking to British people rather than American customers. The rest is just plain old crap.