Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 6, 2014

DOWN TO 5K AND STILL DROPPING

As for the moment things are not going pretty well on my vacation, and within a short span of a month I am having now difficulties in managing my remaining money left. What's worse is that I'm not exactly sure if I can keep the commitment of taking a licensure exam.  Can't really imagine that I had blown off 70k of my leave pay within only less than a month but despite that I had no regrets in spending that money since I used it for the greater good like buying much needed equipment for my next work onboard a ship and repairing some things on the house.
Marina Requirements for COP

Anyway Shortly after my BTU / BTR seminar, I came afterwards on my next objective "The SDSD" seminar. Which I took on march 31st , the SDSD seminar was a totally big joke and I even wonder why this is required at all in the first place. Anyway the good thing that came up during the seminar was that I found out some info on which medical centre I would take the basic PEME for the COP and that getting a COP itself was not that difficult in acquiring compared to the old days ( has no "Assessment" at all) ,simply just file up the documents needed and submit it either on MARINA or on any respective maritime training centre and pay the fee - that's all.

For me , I don't want to go to the trouble of waking up early in the morning and go to marina - so I opt instead to file my COP documents to PNTI, Unfortunately for me PNTI takes about roughly 30 to 40 working days of processing my COP before I could get it (equivalent to our calendar to about two months) , Fortunately I'm not in the hurry nor rushing things .

I guess everything has its downside on those two options available for the COP, I could process it the hard way in MARINA and have it done within 15 days or Process it in PNTI the easy way but sacrifice waiting for almost two months.

In the meantime while I'm waiting for my COP to be released , My latest assignment for now is doing these three objectives.

A.Get a copy of my academic records in my school (for future enrolment in marine engineering course in college, scheduled somewhere on 2015)

B.Renew my SRC card from POEA Office (required and imperative, will be visiting on the latter)

C.Take the Licensure Examination (requires NBI clearance certificate and medical clearance certificate)
COP NAC Room of PNTI

In the meantime while I was busy accomplishing this objective I was preoccupied on other matters on my house, such as my dad was recently hospitalized over breaking his leg bone when he fell off a bike. It was our best decision to put him in the hospital to see what have happened to him since he was already having a nasty fever and chill on the third day after his accident. At first our rough estimate that it was just a dislocated socket , but apparently the x-ray showed a different story and it was much worse. From the looks on the X-ray my dad's bone was totally broken off , (closed facture in medical terms) just a few centimetres off from the hip socket .

Aside from that I was also downloading a lot of entertainment media and storing it on my new HP computer, most of my downloads are documentary videos coming from the history channel and nation geographic channel. I downloaded  those videos using the YouTube downloader program I installed on my LG pc, Aside from that I'm doing modifications on some equipment that I will bring along during my next trip. I have already repaired the safety helmet I will use plus  I'm nearly close in finishing the modified spare coveralls that would be needed.

 For the moment I could say that 90% of the equipment that I will be needing is already completed and I'm already set for the go, the only thing I would worry about now is the weight limitation of 20 kilograms each on both my luggage. Probably my next shipboard work will be the heaviest luggage I'd be bringing along for my onsigning.

PROPOSED EQUIPMENT LINE UP

For the general information on the public , I would be carrying two check in luggage bags and one hand carried back pack. One bag will carry all the equipment I need for ship work , while the other will be carrying all my civilian clothes plus some reserve *support* equipment for the first bag. The back pack that will carry is exclusively limited only for documents and electronic stuff like computers , tablets , cell phone and the like, plus an extra t-shirt, underwear, socks and shorts.




My Dads Injuries (both Internal and external ), X-Ray shows broken bones , eternal is shown above