Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 10, 2014

IT'S BEEN A WHILE

Finished up my latest business on my seafaring career, and just finally got another copy of my transcript of records that will be released on the 25th of April - No thanks to my beloved School PMI colleges . Wasn't really hard in getting one really just simply have an affidavit of loss and four hundred pesos and that’s it.

I went there at about 1pm on Monday and immediately proceeded on the registrar room now relocated at the new building of PMI campus and prepared my affidavit of loss along with my old seaman's book as an I.D. , I didn't wait too long on the line in the registrar and when I came up I was asked by the staff on which date did I made my TOR (transcript of records) a BS. I said I couldn’t remember the exact date but only the year which is 2012. It only took her a couple of minutes to check on the school records before calling me back and giving me instructions to fill out the form and go to the accounting office for payment.

Went to the accounting office in the above floor and payed 380 PHP for the recopy of my TOR, then went back to the registrar and gave the receipt, the staff told me that my TOR will be released by 25th of this march and gave me an office number and said to call up this number if I'm in doubt of the release date.

ITS BEEN A WHILE

2012 was my last visit with this school, and back then , I recall that my school was in trouble over some licensing issues with the education department and to make it worse. One of the three buildings on my campus literary burned down, and it was the main building (the largest of the three) that caught fire. The two things that happened was a big blow on the school and sent a thousand students fleeing and enrolling on nearby maritime school.

During that time if I remember the school even inaugurated the newly built simulator room a month before the fire broke out. Sadly all that remains now of the room is just dust and ash 

Two years later, There isn't much change going on in PMI - But I think little by little it's starting to recover. The Main building is still burned out and abandon but maybe someday it might be rebuilt.