Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 17, 2014

OFFICIALLY BROKE


Congratulations  !!! After being here in the Philippines for more than a month, I am now officially broke (though technically I'm not). It may seemed to be all of a sudden that I have spent 70 thousand pesos in just roughly half a month but money goes really fast these days if I'm not careful in spending it wisely - well I did spent it wisely for the most part and that technically I still have at least more than 20 thousand pesos in savings (which unfortunately I couldn't use at the moment given that I lend it to my younger sister). In spite of this , believe it or not I am happy that I am broke compare to the time when I have all the money and working at sea.

 

For the moment , The only thing that is holding me back in being at sea again is the licensure examinations. I'm still very much hell bent committed in taking that exam and getting that piece of plastic card as much as possible, That card for me is vital and is the key to my retirement on this god forsaken , god awful shitty maritime industry. Lest I don't get it soon , lest I can't retire early and have to bear with it.

 

Yes it is true that's my real intention on why I want to get a license, contrary to some people that they get their license to "expand" their career in being a sailor, mine is that I want to get a license to end my career once and for all. I figured that the plastic card is the key to my retirement and my only ticket out of this.  I want to get the license and end my career as a sailor for all the right reasons.

 

They say being an active and practicing sailor is a blessing (and sort of a gift) given that there are so many student Filipino sailors who really want a piece of sea life on board but are never given a chance at all, They say I'm lucky that I made it in becoming a full fledge sailor. - well I beg to disagree on what they say , for me this is a curse - a nightmare, this so called blessing and gift - they can have it back and I want no part of it !

 

In the meantime while I'm still struggling to get a license , I just have to endure more of this enchilada.

 

For the moment this is my objectives for next week , after this holy week

 

*Get SRC card from POEA

*Get TOR records from previous school.

*Get NAC Certificate from PNTI

*Get AMOSUP ID card in intramurous manila

 

Optional objectives

*Get NBI Clearance Certificate

*Get PEME medical certificate

*Pass application form for exam in PRC