Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 19, 2014

FINISHING WHAT I STARTED

Traffic along EDSA highway,  Really hate getting crammed on the bus - but taking a bus is much better than the local train 
Yet again another week has passed for me to make any move regarding my sailing job. Obviously money is getting scarce again now that I'm still temporarily unemployed, But despite this believe it or not - I'm happy here at the house rather than be out there onboard a ship working. At least here I constantly monitoring my mom and dad's health and go to their aid in case something bad happens.

My recent visit on career ship management had me compressing work that should be done for a month to only a day . I reported back to the office because of this so called BTU / BTR COP document which regrettably haven't been settled with by PNTI. The staff on the NAC counter in Career Ship Management ( "Mariz" ) gave me a set of papers that will be needed to "expedite" BTU / BTR Cop documents. Now the big question here is whether or not I will go directly to M.A.R.I.N.A. and give these papers (skipping out PNTI) or hand out these papers to PNTI and order them to hurry up the pace in processing my papers? (or at least intimidate them to hurry up)

After the documents were given I went to the medical booth to get the referral for my second dosage of the cholera vaccine, didn't took a while to get one and after getting the form I next proceeded to the "license booth" to give my photocopies of MARINA COP certificate, PSCRB Nac Certificate, GTF Nac certificate and BST Nac certificate for the Liberian's Seaman's Book.

On my last agenda for the day, I went to the "reporting" booth and asked "Lucita" if I could change some settings on my allotment slip. She said it's ok and gave me my previous slip I submitted. Settings I change was to increase Mom's allotment and transfer the deductions on my pay to my sisters allotment

The following day…..

Went early to Jacob's ladder clinic, early at malate area to have another dose of the anti-cholera vaccine. It was a very quick agenda, just presented my yellow card and waited a few minutes for my name to be called and took a gulp on the liquid and it was all over. Next agenda I went was go to intramurous manila in PNTI building and talk my way if they could express the processing of my BT COP certificate.

When I got there I asked first if they have already finished the processing of my BT certificate, the staff answered that they haven't. I followed another question if there was any way I could change the "status" of my application to expedite and presented to them the "expedite" documents coming from my company , The staff said they can change the status, and told me to wait in a couple of minutes.

My contract specs given by Career company
Waited there for about an hour and pictured that they may process my documents lighting fast, to my dismay and horror when they called me and mentioned something about a refund ( what the hell ?!!!) and gave me a some sort of letter along with all my documents plus the TCRHOA and Enrolment form and 200 plus PHP. It was clear that PNTI is ditching me out on the deal and leaving me to solve this mess all by myself.

Very frustrating situation and for an hour I imagine PNTI will be handling out my COP , turns out all I got was a refund from PNTI to save themselves on their crappy service. It was a very big mistake I trusted them in handling my B/T COP processing stuff - didn't even get a full fucking refund from them (450 PHP) anyway at least I got the TCRHOA and an endorsement letter.

No use now in being furious by PNTI's backing out (thought as much as i wanted it). What I need now is results to get BT COP document - and FAST . I immediately made haste and boarded a jeepney enroute to MARINA in Kalaw street, lucky for me it was just two clicks away from PNTI and got there in less than 10 minutes. Ran inside MARINA office and approached the security guard and asked where can I process the "COP expedite". Mr Security Guard was helpful (and useful) enough to point me on the right direction and gave me a blue form for the COP.

On the seventh floor of MARINA Office, I was doing again the same scenario on what I did back to get my MARINA COP documents - sitting my fat ass again for a couple of hours waiting to submit these documents. Seriously I was not very happy on how things turned out for me and the only thing good about this was that this time I get the documents on the same day. Everything else is a scam and obvious extortion (government sponsored felony on my perception). As anticipated , yet again my wallet was pillage by MARINA and 400 PHP was immediately blown off in just paying for the processing fee of BT COP, another 25 pesos for the so called rental for a some sort of attire , another 10 pesos for the brown folder and another 25 PHP for the so called "documentary stamp" that is similar and no different from the stamp used in snail mail's.

At 3pm I finally got my BT COP document and headed back home.


The 7th Floor of Marina office handles "expedite" document issues, "Expedite" doesn't necessary mean they're cheap. Expect this department is going to burn a big hole on a sailors wallet. Only good thing about this is that the release of documents is the same day.

BUYER'S BEWARE
My complaint about PNTI is that despite this document has been already processed way back last April 01 2014 and being given a specific deadline of 40 working days, PNTI hasn't lived on its promise of processing these documents on schedule and charging twice as much as MARINA charges in exchange of getting a so called "hassle free" COP documents, turns out I'm paying double on PNTI and receiving double the problems, what kind of quality service is that ??? I can't imagine the sense of giving them 450 PHP on a single COP document (MARINA charges 250 PHP per document) and receiving a much worse service than MARINA gives , on top of that - in the end they ditched me out and said that I have to process my BTU / BTR myself ! . If I have known earlier that this would be my situation - it makes me wish that I should have went to MARINA instead and should have never sought their help in the first place

People shouldn't be fooled on PNTI's tempting offer of hassle free processing of COP documents, their advertisement is plain rubbish. Their service definitely sucks   and the only difference from them and MARINA's plagued service is that I don't get to sit in a chair for nearly 11 hours enduring the long queue lines - beyond that I couldn't recommend PNTI in handling COP documents at all. I'd be better off getting a bad service in MARINA than a "worst" service in PNTI.

Don't get me wrong , PNTI doesn't make the same mistakes MARINA does , instead their making new ones. Damn fucking training centres !!!

In other news….

Going thru on recording some Philippine TV shows, purpose of which is that in case that I might be needing some "pinoy" multimedia entertainment during my stay onboard Conti Greenland, I would easily pick out and play these recorded TV shows. Most of the recordings will be TV news though some records will be on lifestyle magazine TV shows etc., anything that will be entertaining.

Also in response to security issue (not to repeat the mistake I made in cape tallin), This data will not be stored on any portable hard drives that I'd be bringing and will be just solely put on my HP laptop. This may sound greedy and cruel to some extent but it would be the best course of action if ever I encounter assholes on Conti Greenland, (and on any ship after this) and of course aside from restrictions on data , Any materials that might be found (or will be) useful will not be shared to any crew whatsoever -  no exemptions.

Rule of the thumb when going to work on a ship is that there is no such thing as right or wrong, The only thing important is a person's resolve on ideologies s/he believes in.

An advertisement i saw on the fifth floor of MARINA , not exactly sure if this is true of just another false advertisement 

Sent from Windows Mail