Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

PILLAGER OF WALLETS

Yellow Fever Card (or more like inoculation cards) Cholera Inoculations is top most yellow card, In the middle below is my Yellow fever vaccine card and inner yellow card at the bottom is my typhoid fever vaccination card

It was a quick tour when I arrived in career a couple of days ago, My main purpose why I'm here is to return all the documents I borrowed from the company such as my medical certificate etc.,. Upon my arrival, I immediately went to the NAC counter to return my Seaman's book and SRC card so that they could process my contract in POEA. Afterwards I immediately went to the medical counter to give them back my medical certificate and ask information about these cholera inoculations (vaccine) , They gave me a referral form to the same clinic I got my typhoid fever inoculations. Guess I'd be visiting again Jacob's Ladder Immunization Centre.

Next thing I did after going to the medical booth was go to the TESDA booth (also called "Mrs Teri's" booth). It was only a quick stop, Only showed my MARLIN's English test results and MARINA COP documents. A few minutes later she told me aside from getting the original document, I should go back to MARINA and get the "Certified True (photo)copy" of this MARINA COP.  After that I took off and went home.

The following day, I went to the MARINA (maritime industry authority) office, This time I didn't bother waking up very early. I just went on the normal business hours and directly went ahead on the 6th floor STCW department, It only took me a couple of minutes to get this photocop….errrr Certified true copy to be stamped. Despite the much easier task compared to getting the actual MARINA COP Document, (which I didn't have to go to the long line of waiting 11 plus hours)  Getting the "certified true (photo)copy" was not definitely cheap. In fact it's much more expensive on having these Photocopy papers being stamped by blue colour ink and can't figure why it's that expensive.

Huge numbers of sailor flock Kalaw street
Last year when TESDA was still running the show on processing C.O.C. papers , they don't charge that much. It was just basically 50 Php getting a photocopy of COC  document stamped , and only a single Photocopy is needed - the only problem I had with TESDA was that it's office was very far from manila. Now when MARINA suddenly took running the show in C.O.C documents (now called marina COP) , things went in on nasty turn. Now marina charges double (100 Php each) and four (photo)copies are now needed , amounting to 400 Php and this excludes some "extra fee's" that they charge you with like for example the fee for  "stamping" the photocopy paper alone(which is 100 PHP). Overall the cost of getting a "Certified true (photo) copy" exceeded 1000 percent (ten times, tenfold whatever you call it) from the original cost when TESDA was still in charge. In reality a person should not only consider the cost of the document alone, he / she will have to consider as well the personal expenses like transportation cost and food. Point here is that expect that MARINA will be pillaging a sailors wallet as much as 800 Php.

Seriously , If I had seen that this would be the scenario, It makes me wish that TESDA should have been the one handling this affairs rather than MARINA.

A few days later……..

The Clinic Where i got all my Vaccines
Wasn't able to attend to the cholera inoculations , given that there are some matters back home that I have to attend with like dad's upcoming hip bone surgery. Fortunately dad's still hasn't had his surgery yet and the government hospital (Amang rodriguez general hospital), refuse to take him in for two reasons. One is that if dad gets confined now, there a possibility that he might catch some hospital induced pneumonia and second reason is that all hospital beds in the orthopaedic is fully occupied - no room for dad to stay.

Anyway after a few days, I manage to finally get the inoculations on Jacobs ladder clinic, On my surprise I was only expecting a one-time visit but it turns out that Cholera Vaccines are given by two doses (actually three, but company says its only two). So in other words I have to go back again to career ship management and get another referral form from them and then go back again to get the second dosage vaccine.

For the news going on around the house….

As what you see on the pic, Diabetics need a constant shots of these to stay alive, not exactly a cure but more of a remedy to stay alive and away from the "long dirt nap"

For the moment Mom's health is slowly deteriorating and it is in rough estimate that maybe at least a year or less (probably 6 to 3 months), Mom is going to be headed for dialysis. For now I cannot determine exactly which is the culprit on mom recent health deterioration, given that no laboratory test have been made yet in her blood these past few months. The only hint we got around here is that the last test made on her creatinine level are of 700 ( 500 is the creatinine number were a person needs to be hooked up on the machine), in other words mom is already a candidate for kidney dialysis. From my observation mom is suffering from severe vertigo (dizziness) and vomits every few hours after meals, I cannot determine if this is caused by her diabetes or over dosage of insulin. Meds are totally ineffective and from my observation worsen her health state

What I do know is that moms health has been not very well for more than two weeks now. For the moment the only conclusion I could tell is that I'm going to observe her more and see if mom needs to be confined in a real hospital.

My best rough estimate that if this continues, mom might succumb to dialysis a year or within 6 months after this entry (most likely within 3 months). Earlier my rough estimates were at least 3 to 5 years before mom would reach dialysis , but on what I'm seeing now it could be less than a year.

For dad's case, It seems that he may not go in the operating table anytime soon. Recent test on him showed that dad has a heart problem (enlargement of the heart) on ECG test, This maybe the cause of his dragging problem several years ago about high blood pressure. To add more why he is still not confined yet is about the government hospitals staff's ineffectiveness on handling patients, the staff there are just simply cold, rude bastards who don't give a shit (or value)on human lives.

For the house situation, I could just plainly say that things have been very difficult these past few months, both in between the mood of people here and daily house chores.


Sent from Windows Mail