Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 18, 2016

A WEEK OF DARKNESS

Previously - word from Career Ship management has made work as a sailor to a grinding halt and the worst part is that they gave no definitive date on when will be this "floating status" to be over. From the looks of it , it won't be over for a while. NSB for now doesn’t guarantee that I'd be back there (or be back at all) once their cadetship program is over.

With no assurance on when will I be back , it further pushes economic and financial strain on my house and soon I have to think or resort to ways to get some cash. I came up with a couple of plans , nothing solid for now and it will change depending on the situation. Nearest I could think of is to return back to the BPO , given that it only takes a small amount of money to get there compared to being a sailor . If it gets worse then it's possible that I have to look for work on a different shipping company altogether and ditch out Career Ship Management - and it will be easy for me given that my U.S. Visa is still active and I don’t have any financial obligations so far in Career.

I had all the time to think about my situation , but for now I'm occupied in more pressing internal matters

Can't believe it that 15 years , My house is once again will be plunged into darkness - literary. I have no idea and do not know what’s exactly is going on, but I was caught dumb folded on the morning of January 15th when a personnel coming from the electric company visited our house and said that they will have to cut off the electric supply of our house due to unsettled bills. I was in disbelief at first and was hoping that it was all a big mistake, unfortunately when I checked the paper from the technician it confirms that, house will be disconnected. The Technician said that he wanted to speak to who's is in charge of the electric bill. I hurriedly went back inside calmly and told my dad that he should speak to the person from the electric company, To my dismay my dad was unwilling or simply too caught on the surprise that I had to shout numerous times for him to go outside and approach the personnel. Figuring that it was taking too long , I also went outside to see what's going on , it was by stroke of luck that the technician gave us a 24 hours before he pulls the plug and left - probably out of empathy on seeing my dad.

Immediately i sent an SMS to my sister informing the situation on the house, 5 hours later I received a reply via SMS and told her everything. She says "She'd see what she can do on the situation" . Up to now a few hours later I'm still having anxiety problems about it. The funny thing about this situation is that my mom and dad doesn’t seemed to mind or even bother that the electricity here in the house will be cut off, they did the usual thing they do every day.

Eventually It was found out that the technician that came to the house isn't exactly a technician at all or even associated to the electric company, turns out that this person was some sort of scammer and was trying to rip out the house off by stealing the electric meter installation. Apparently from what I learned on my sister the , Electric meter installed on the house has some sort of monetary valued if stolen and sold which attracted con's and planned to steal it. Recalling back the electric metered installed on the house has been unchanged for 17 years and it's still analogue compared to today's digital electric meter.

The second time the con man arrived , I locked the gate and said that I have to verify first his association with the electric company. Immediately called my younger sister for help and they had a conversation on the phone (I set it to loudspeaker). On the conversation the con man failed to identify who he was and his association to the electric company, and when my sister mentioned that she's going to call her classmate during high school who now works in the Electric company. The man made excuses and hurriedly left .

Funny in the sense that if you're really are associated and work for the electric company , why would the man leave in such a hurry.

After the small trouble , another bigger problem awaits ..

On the early morning of Wednesday , January 20th . We had to rush mom on the local public hospital due to complaints about her breathing, we didn’t take it seriously and assumed that Mom was just making a ruse to return to the toxic environment of the hospital - like she did a lot of times before. 

We did disagree of her returning to the Rodriguez Hospital on numerous reasons, The most notable why we don’t want her to the hospital is because they won't treat her there anymore and that she will be just put on hold in that place indefinitely without any cure or remedy. In other words Government Hospitals would be more of like a prison rather than a place for treatment, and not only do they refuse to give treatment but, will held you off against you're will until you paid them off. Imagine paying money for nothing or paying money for detention. Anyway eventually mom had her way and we had to put her on the hospital, and as expected mom is being held there and the hospital refuse to give any treatments , they only thing they could provide was the expensive oxygen tanks for mom to breathe - beyond that there's nothing more.

It's already a fact that mom's condition is terminal and there is no cure, the only remedy we knew is "Kidney dialysis" , which is a last ditch effort - beyond that line , its death. Being in a public hospital and seeking treatment there doesn't help either, Not only are the doctors and staff are rude but generally care little about human lives and on top of that The whole facility is run downed that there's a possibility that a healthy person would get infected and catch a diseases sooner or later there.

Mom insists in staying and being in the hospital without any knowledge of the repercussion of what will be our condition there, she doesn’t have any idea that being in a Philippine government hospital is one of the worst places on earth for medical care. A little slice of hell on earth in the Philippines.