Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

DISC IMAGE



Never occurred to me that my sister would catch up and get me a new star bucks planner . In fact I thought that getting that darn planner would never materialize at all, hopefully my sister proved me wrong and on the morning of January 03 my sister came to my study tablet and gave me this small star bucks paper bag and inside it was the long waited (and highly desired) collectible star bucks planner 2016. My eyes lit up like wild fire the minute I saw what's inside the paper bag and got my hands on it. Of course I immediately posted on all my social media accounts that I got a new 2016 star bucks planner . Facebook , Twitter and even Instagram. This seems childish but it always brings me a smile on  each year to get this notebook, no matter how shitty or crappy year I had.

So what's the difference of the new 2016 SB planner than last year, first off the new planner they issue is a bit of a setback compared to last year , with a much smaller space and a lot less paper inside it. So basically star buck fans were not very happy to see their beloved planner to be downsized after that much trouble in collecting the stickers first , and as a matter of fact - up to now the new 2016 planner is still being distributed, (compared to last year that it sold of early). Regardless of the disappointment of fans, I'm thankful that my sister gave me one and she went on that trouble just to get one, - it's kind of a tradition that started way back in 2011 that my sister yearly gave me this. Given that I myself is a prolific write I enjoy every bit of material that is given to me that I can write on during my spare time, given that my situation being frequently trapped on a floating gas station  

Aside from that …


Lately I had been studying and digesting a lot of information about financial investing , since I'm planning to start an investment account later this year. I had to be patient in reading and at least understanding on every detail I need to know before I venture on this uncharted area. For now I had to painstakingly understood on a lot of jargon terms and terminology which give me a migraine every time I try to understood it. Anyway it's obvious for me that it may take me a while to fully understand what's going on.

Thru tremendous searching on the net , I stumbled upon a blogsite titled "investor Juan" which teaches some terminology and basics about investing and how to make your money roll, now of course it's not exactly a certified rule book but it gives idea's on what to do about the money.  (just type and search it on google)

Another thing I will write about is the recent discovery I made on how to hide pirated installer DVD / CD's from airport security. And yes I computer science this shit up for the convenience of the whole OFW out there.

As we all know in airport security basic's, this is one of the prohibited item's that should not be brought along on the trip (at least on the airport) and anyone caught possessing such item carries a penalty of a few thousand dollars to a few years of jail time depending on which country you got caught. Now for my perspective since having a pirated DVD / CD's are the lesser evil on the long list of prohibited items on airport security , I decided to share my discovery on how to get past airport security, and in general carrying pirated Cd's without actually carrying a physical pirated DVD / CD's inside my luggage.

Remember that the data inside the CD's are more important that the physical CD's themselves. Of course I have to apologize on this part because this requires and average to advance skill in computer to pull this off , which as far as I know mostly Filipino OFW's have poor or below average on computer skills which includes also Filipino Sailors, so basically this will be difficult to be understood for a common OFW.

Anyway here's the thing , all you need is this.

LAPTOP / COMPUTER that has a DVD / CD Drive
External DVD reader / writer (in case you're computer doesn’t have a CD drive)
Pirated DVD's or CD's (Stuff that you will copy data from)
Any CD copying software (in my personal choice is daemon tools pro advance)
A little brain power (seriously)

Steps

1 install any Daemon tools pro advance virtual disk drive on your pc . Compatible with windows 7 , 8 , 8.1 and 10, this creates a virtual disk drive on the computer's hard drive which in turn will be needed later on to read the copied data.

2 put the pirated CD / DVD on the CD tray of the computer or external drive.

3 Run the Daemon tools and choose the option "make disc image" , or anything similar that copies the disc.

4 Store in your computer or any external storage device like , hard drives, memory cards etc.

Presto now you have a disc data that doesn't have a physical CD. Just remember that in order for the data to be played you have to "mount" the data first to the virtual data drive , then play it there via any media player or any other programs that plays the disk.

Overall by virtualizing or whatever you call the process in copying an image disc , it greatly reduces the possibility of an OFW being searched or detected in their luggage some pirated DVD's or CD on the airport , because there's no CD's inside in the first  place - well at least physical CD's, it's now  just only disc files inside a compact hard drive. This is the practical application of my discovery to a common OFW's perspective.

In other news …

January came and I was figuring out what the hell has happened on Career and why haven't they called me yet, more thing that adds to my puzzle was the recent call made by Mr. Nidoy. So I decided to drop by a week after new year and see what the hell was going on,  When I came to visit - I immediately checked the IVRS system and see if the "line-up" for me on Cape Texel was still active . Unfortunately it isn't and I went next to the processing counter to confirm if I was removed , it checked out. The last objective of my visit is to know why and had to see Mr. Nidoy on the explanation, He told me that the reason why Cape Texel was scrubbed was on the fact that Filipino crewmen there got laid off and replaced by Chinese crew and there are still figuring me out on what ship will I be reassigned. The main bottom line is that I'm in a "floating" status, no line up's awaiting and definitely extended on vacation.

I do have faith that career will sort this shit out for me in due time and that it will be in enough time that I won't take another medical on it.