Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

CATS OUT OF THE BAG


December 05, 2016 Monday
Location: From UAE going back to Saudi Arabia
 
It's now official, after much thinking and analyzing the situation I had passed to the captain myat my "early vacation" leave. I submitted my letter last November 28 and took the opportunity that Captain Myat was around his office. Good thing Captain was kind enough and didn’t ask any further question on why I was submitting the letter.
 
Originally I was planning to submit it on the 26th , but on that day I wasn't about to make a good timing and by the time I went to captains day room it was already closed - so I planned to go on the next day. On the following day again it was interrupted on the fact that the ship will anchor, so Its simply postponed and finally on the 28th around 7pm I finally got the good timing.
 
Felt so relieved in submitting my "early vacation" letter , as if like a big rock has been lifted to me - after all this company, principal and ship has been very unpleasant and I desire only to end this contract as soon as possible. Now I'm assured that I will be leaving this ship , of course the final word will still come from the CF Sharp but I hardly doubt they will disagree on my departure after the disagreements I had with them.
 
For the blog (and public) information , writing an "early vacation" doesn’t have to be fancy an printed on a printer - the only thing that is needed is a simple paper and pen (or pencil) and can be made via hand written.
 
Here is the sample I drafted
 
    ******************************************************************
 
Dear Mam / Sir
 
Good day,(state my full complete name) Undersigned on this letter would like to inform your good office that I request a reliever and get repatriated for early vacation, So that I can renew my expiring papers this january 2017. I am now going on my 7th month this December and will be on the 8th month on January next year. 
 
I hope you would grant my request and ask for a reliever this 3nd week of December onwards or any week of January. Thank you for hearing my request and appeal for your consideration
 
(my name and rank)
Crew of "Boston Eagle"
 
   ********************************************************************
 
A few days have passed and during that this ship is berthed on UAE Buoy , Information came to leak on the ship that I was trying to achieve "early vacation" . I basically have no idea on how that info leaked and only surmise that some A.B's here simply can't shut their mouth or even bother not to look or someone else's paper and respect privacy, anyway this behavior is typical among Filipino's and it's true that I did request it anyway. Besides, what is it to them if I did made a request ?! For all I know I had already qualified on the minimum set of requirements
 
During Sundays safety meeting, it was finally disclosed to by the captain about my true intentions on having an early vacation - IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE CREW. For me its "cats out of the bag" and it's no more secret to almost everyone here that I'd be leaving early and now official. Initially I was the only one who planning to have an "early vacation" but during the discussion on the safety meeting , it was a surprise that Oiler Lester Suarez and Pumpman Obina Mondiego expressed their intention of getting an early vacation as well - totally unexpected for me , but whether or not folk here joined on my stunt show, I will still go ahead of it anyway in pursuing to getting out of this ship. Seriously I'm glad that I'm not the only one who desire's getting out of this ship, it add more validity of my claim in getting out of here as soon as possible.
 
In other news
 
The Fujairah mooring is a bit different this time, instead of the traditional dock waiting for us - it ended up mooring in a buoy. The thing here is that mooring in the buoy is different and very easy , just simple attach the chain from the buoy to the local bar here on the deck and that’s it. I took the liberty in taking pictures on the mooring in a buoy
 
After the discharge on Fujairah. This ship headed out in Saudi Arabia again to load some cargo