Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

VIDEOGAMING


January 10, 2016 Tuesday
Location : United Arab Emirates, Fujairah
 
 
 
 
New year's day just came and went , and up to now there is still no clear answer on the specific day on which I will disembark on this ship. Norstar hasn't given any details yet on when and how are we going to disembark . The only detail given as of the moment is "last week" of January. Apparently this has been my case, which norstar had made it clear and that if we were going to disembark earlier than a month left on the actual contract , were going to have to pay for our own repatriation fee. In other words, "Early Vacation" was a total lie from the very beginning and that "Finished contract" is still going to be the overall status on how are we going to get out on this ship. Anyway this is not surprising for me given that Norstar from the start was a total bullshit from the very beginning we started this contract.
 
Aside from the annoying situation , it is rumored that disembarking in Fujiarah UAE is not exactly the most comfortable port for off signer's. According to what I heard from oiler Esguerra, sailors here have their luggage's searched and have to manually take out each item on their bags and then putting it back in one by one. For typical sailors this would not be a problem , but in my situation - I have some "special" equipment that I "permanently" borrowed from this ship like Motorola gp328 radio's and some other stuff. (Not to mention numerous electronic equipment). In any case this is extremely uncomfortable on my situation and have to resolve on other ways in hiding this in my luggage.
 
In the meantime while I'm trying to solve this problem - this ship has left it's anchorage in UAE is now bound to go to Al jubail in Saudi Arabia to get some cargo., Latest news up to now is that there will be two loading ports for this, after that its either this will be unloaded back to UAE or will go to Singapore.
 
In other news
 
It has been 17 years since I last played any console video game, and finally after that very long absence, I am now contemplating on whether or not I should buy a console to resume my old (childhood) hobby which I abandon almost two decades ago. I remember during that time that the leading video game console systems back then was Nintendo 64, Playstation 1 and Sega Saturn. Obviously a lot has changed during my very long absence and videogame systems now are more complex than ever before.
 
I had been planning for now on what kind of video game console system to buy,  whether it should be a home console like the nintendo switch or a handheld type one like the playstation vita.
 
Here's my dilemma
 
I needed to buy a hand held gaming device for my video game hobby, since my PC, has its capability reduced on the battery life and there is no assurance that it will replaced by a gaming computer anytime soon. On top of that I need to reduce the bulk and weight of my luggage for future work
 
If I would buy a Nintendo switch, it's a home / handheld videogame console hybrid , which meant I can play games on the go even if I'm onboard - which is a plus for mobility. Bad side is that the system console is too underpowered in today's standard and a bit overpriced compared to today's Home videogame consoles , and the library of games for Nintendo is somewhat limited compared to playstation 4 and microsoft xbox, my guess is that it's always first party games and little third party game developers. The initial Videogame titles announce to open alongside its launch is only around 5 games, which has little to choose plus consoled get outdated and replaced every 5 years or so.
 
If I would buy a Playstation Vita , which is a handheld video game console, The Device is already considered "legacy" category which meant it's an old system, library of games would be fixed and probably no / or little new videogame titles would be produced in the future, but the pool of games is already large even before it was considered to be "legacy" . As for the price its basically almost the same