Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 27, 2019

MESSAGE FROM A FELLOW MIGRANT WORKER


Wasn't feeling well on this past couple of weeks , from my ever recurring allergies.  Somehow this allergies I had been having are being more a bother rather than an annoyance. In  any case I didn’t write on this not to discuss my health problems but talk about a message I got from fellow migrant worker. 

When I opened my face book to read the usual threading post , I was surprise to have a message from someone I don’t even knew. At first I was wary, doubtful that I would be getting such mail. I even had thoughts that this would be a "hate" mail coming from my fellow Filipino sailors in the social media, who were simply either jealous to other peoples efforts (crabby mentality) or too blindly "loyal" to their faction companies (a.k.a. "butt kissers", sipsip ) and I already received hate mails from the past .

After a couple of days ignoring the mail , I finally decided to read it and when the first letters came out on the screen it was not as what I expected. It turns out that this was a message from fellow migrant worker and honestly i don't really know what to say or what to write about his message,. It's really uncommon that people do appreciate my blog and work, even more uncommon is receiving praise from a fellow migrant worker telling me to keep up on my work and appreciate my writing

I haven't thanked him fully on his message., and if I did, I don’t really know where to start since I don’t really know his exact name and there is no words to express that someone out there really does understand the life of not only a seafarer but an OFW as well. It's the least I can do to at least thank him here on this blog entry I make.

Whoever you are, you have my respects not only as a fellow OFW but as a fellow Filipino., We are paying the price working overseas because of the mistakes of our fore fathers, who instead of fixing our country , left it in more broken state than it was before.

Here is his message untranslated from our local national language in Filipino.

===================================

Bro! Una sa lahat, Maraming Salamat sa Inspiration na nabibigay mo sa akin araw araw, binabasa ko from the start of your journey sa work mo from being a call center agent to your life as a seaman. Pinahanga mo ako sa laban mo sa buhay after all the struggles sa life mo, you kept your honor and dignity as a man, maski madami ang di nakakaunawa sa principyo mo. Astig ka brod! Isa kang bayani sa akin kasi ako man ramdam ko tulad mo yung araw araw na struggles in life, sa work, mga ka trabaho na mga kupal haha, at hilig pareho tayo, video games! Magkaiba lng tayo ng lakbay, ako landbased ofw ikaw sa gitna ng dagat mas mahirap yung saiyo wala sa kalingkingan kaya kung ako nahihirapan sa work dito sa abroad (saudi as i.t) mas mahirap naman saiyo. Kaya bilib ako dre sa iyo! Tuwing hapon pag napasok ako at nasaharap ng computer ko, iniisa isa kong basahin ang entries mo, nakaka inspire, similar kasi tayo sa ugali, ma pinsepyo at talagang minsan hindi nag papaawat or hindi nag pipigil ng nasaisipan natin at talagang pagnakita atin ang mali, talagang nag rereact na. Madami talagang butt kisser sa company, crabmental na pinoy at sila talaga ang iingatan mo, kasi pwede ka talikuran anytime at pahirapan pa dahil sa inggit. Anyways mahaba na ito, at napadaan lng ako at hinanap ang fb mo para masabi ko sa iyo na nasa 2015 year na ako sa blog mo at patuloy na nagbabasa ng lakbay mo sa buhay. Ingat ka dyan palagi kapatid. Hangga ako saiyo tol. wag ka magbabago sa principyo mo, ikaw ay ikaw at yan ang respeto ko sa iyo. Totoo kang tao sa mundong puno ng kasinungalingan. God bless sa iyo at family mo. Always bro!

===================================================