Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

SMALL STEPS


Only a couple of days left before my vacation should officially end, and somehow I'm not really that optimistic of going back to work and in general be trapped again on a ship full of coconut worshipping people. Frankly I'm really not that eager to go back soon on seafaring, and wish that my vacation would be a little more longer.  In addition , My previous employer TCC is not that comfortable to work with ,to say the least and I'm not looking forward to work with them soon if the need is not that desperate.

To be fair with my current employer , they're no angels but compare to the everyday horror that tormented me on UPL - Shell. I'd definitely rather choose hanging out with TCC than with them.  But in general and given with free will and choice, I would opt for neither of them.

In any case ,I estimate going back again for work wouldn’t take that much effort this time and only left for me to finish are a few simple task like finishing "MISMO" and replacing paper certificates that I lost during my disembarkation on my last ship. In fact I could have already finished the task right about now if I wasn’t hampered with a few mistakes ( like lending people money )and it will serve a lesson for me on my next vacation that I should not lend money to people even if I knew them personally.  People's hearts tend to be fickle especially when it comes to money , and I don’t want to repeat those mistakes that people won't even bother to pay their debts

Anything else besides that is only minor and can be resolve even if I didn’t totally finished it. Speaking of which I haven't finished yet in completing all the anime  downloads that I have to. Starting from the list letter "A" all the way to letter "Z" , I have only made my way in to the letter "G" criteria, so basically there is still a ton for me to work with and download before I get to finish my anime collection. I do hope that before I go back to work , I have already significantly downloaded at least half of the anime catalog on the website.

A lot of people might be wondering on why I'm so much obsessed in collecting media like movies, anime, TV series etc., while I'm still in here in the Philippines. The main primary reason on why I have to do this is because is the fact that since my job requires to be isolated for a majority of time , if not all of the duration of my working contract., I have to have some form of entertainment to reduce the feeling of my work from being in a prison like situation, and at the same time it provides me security to stay inside my cabin all that time and that I don’t have to socialize to toxic people. I'm personally lucky that I became a seafarer in the digital age , and that such huge storage devices for media like hard drives are already common compared to sailors atv least 20 years back.

On my point of view being isolated and shut in is not totally that bad, as what other sailors might perceived, In fact it's totally the opposite in reality and that a Filipino sailor would be better off alone remaining to be Isolated and disconnected from fellow sailors onboard (specifically fellow Filipino sailors). From my personal experience in this work for nearly a decade, socializing with fellow sailors is the worst possible idea a person can think of. There is no assurance that the he or she won't have a toxic obnoxious attitude and will not be a threat latter on., Shunning and practicing isolationism is the right thing to do rather than socialize with toxic people.     

Don’t get me wrong socializing and interacting with people are good , but how can we tell they are trust worthy especially to our own kind (Filipino Sailors). Socializing and trust are two different things , if a person is not confident or trust his surroundings , it would be better off going solo.

During the course of a Filipino sailors career based on my experience. He can only find very few friends on work, only enemies and more obnoxious bosses and co-workers