Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

STILL FAR FROM STABILITY


Things are returning again to normal , at least close to normal and the recent problem on mom's black listing in the dialysis clinic is now close to being solved , thanks to kind donors from mom's school mates.
 
As for my employment problem , it is still on going and yet to be resolved. There is some progress on the past few days and my "contact" on the company took a look on the reason why I'm still stuck here in the Philippines. From his search it turns out that Career Ship Management as of the moment have too many sailors around and less ships, resulting that some crew they have , are still up to now in indefinite hold status. From the looks of it , they have a lot of folks in the waiting line , One of my former co-workers few ships back  said that he's in hold status for 8 months now.
 
For now I'm in a loophole situation, I could choose to leave career ship management company and try my employment elsewhere but there's no guarantee once I get there that working conditions (and salary) will be favorable on my side, aside from that there's no assurance as well that document requirement will be the same. However if I sit tight around in Career - there's a possibility that I'd be stuck here for 8 months or even longer (no job and salary). To summarize both options have a positive and negative side , and I'm still weighing on what is the best decision I would make. Of course there's a third option that does not conflict on the two options I have above. Third option is to have a local job , which solves my short term problem.
 
The plans I have are good enough (or at least close to good enough) but are hindered by financial problems. A total road block , why my plans are very slow to implement. In the meantime for now all I could do is get my seaman's book from the office and patiently wait on what will my situation come in next.
 
In other news ….
 
Lately I had been having problems with my HP Gaming laptop, and from the looks of it , the old problem that’s been plaguing my computer a few months back has resurfaced and I had spent a few days trying to solve and remedy the problem. Previously I recall few months back that my HP has a nasty habit of shutting down, at first I thought it has something to do on battery related issues given that when I opened my laptop to check on its internal wirings , I saw that one of its three power cell was already "bloated" and damage. Upon further checking I'm unable to replace it or remove the battery as a remedy because its batteries are not detachable and wired directly . (for short batteries are internal and not external),
 
Now it seems that the power cell issue was not the case at all on why my gaming laptop is malfunctioning in the first place. Like I said the problem reoccurred few days ago and it happened when I accidentally didn’t notice that my HP laptop wasn't plugged on its electric adaptor and was running on its batteries. Given that one of its power cell batteries are corrupted , the power didn’t last long and suddenly shut my computer down. I tried to plug it to the power adaptor and press the on switch but to no avail, it wouldn’t start. After several minutes attempting , it did switch on but I couldn't play games and if I did attempt - it would only be met with immediate shut down.  These went on for a couple of days and it was an agony turning on my laptop as I repeatedly press the on button. If the laptop did switched on , I could only use it to run office apps and not play PC games - function only a netbook does and not a gaming laptop should do.
 
It was a hopeless case and I figured that if I'm going to replace this PC , it may still take a year because of economic issues I had at the moment. Then I did recall something after a few days, that after I successfully switched on my PC after numerous attempts , a black screen appears telling that HP thermal guard switched off my computer due to heat temperature issues. Thinking that hit something on my brain and figured that this has something do on the thermal issue. I search for a day about the possibility that I could switch off HP's thermal guard drivers in some way. I had looked on its manuals and found no direct resolution on how to do so and there was no possible way - at least switching off its equipment.
 
Later I searched google using a public wifi for answers. What I found was HP devices did have some sort of thermal sensors on their computer and that It can't be accessed using software. In other words I have to manually cool the sensors in some way. Given with the idea, I went home and tried an experiment. My experiment was to put an small fan on its vents to at least let cool air in , therefore cooler air inside means that sensors will indicate that temperature has been lower and will not hit the automatic shutdown.
 
Thankfully my experiment work, and it seems that I still have a few more years left using this computer and I don’t have any more problems in switching my laptop on and off . The best part is that I could now play PC games as well, I tested it in playing Elder Scrolls 5 : Skyrim and Metal Gear Solid 5 and no problems were encountered, never had an incident were it had to shut down.