Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

WAKING DREAMS



It been a long time, and yet I'm still here in the Philippines. Specifically its been almost four months now ( arrived at Oct 26th last year ) , and I'm starting to think all sorts of stuff on why there's no sign yet coming from Career Ship Management and I'm starting to suspect that there's something wrong going on why they haven't put me on any "Ship assignment" yet.
 
Recently I talked to one of my former co-workers via face book on what is his suspicions. Its glad that I talked to one of my former co-worker and our discussion  made me think on what is actually going on , or the very least gave me an idea. To start with apparently "jay carta" told me that Career Ship Management has nasty habit of putting things on hold for a very very long time for their crew, and based on what he said it's around at least six months , (some were rumored to be even put on hold as 8 months to a year - as from what I heard from A.B. "Patrick dondonilla" ). In any rate , it obvious that there's a possibility based on our conversation that I might be here longer , and recalling back what Captain Nidoy said is that during my latest visit - that "apparent Validity" of the med certificate is as far as a year , which meant indirectly that they could put me on hold on that long. The more that made me suspect was that I recall on my last visit in the shipping office that they're were still deploying O.S. sailor's on CSM principal and in fully controlled CSM ships , while I'm left out here on indefinite floating status, in other words - what makes me so different from them right ?! It only concludes that O.S. deployment were never a problem from the start, never was.
 
After talking with my former co-worker "jay carta" ,everything makes sense now why I'm still here and some of my co-workers are already there. There's are a lot of things that Career Ship Management isn't telling me right now (Specifically Capt Nidoy) on what exactly is going on, and probably the main twist on that is that I'd find out on the latter, which I'm already helpless on that point. For now it's difficult for me to determine what is going on in my company nor figure out their intentions , they haven't told me that I'm no longer needed and they haven't told me that I'm still needed - so basically I'm in limbo right now.
 
Nevertheless whatever be the case, it's about time I would take action on what is happening around me . Sooner or later I had to deal with this and it would be best I should deal with it soon rather than later where the problem will get worse. The main reason for now why I'm kept from leaving is because of personal issues back home, coincidentally me and my sister are currently preoccupied and battling with the financial debts (I will write later)plus taking care of  mom,. Without that factor, I could leave the company anytime I wish and at will without any serious problems or complications , and I'm sure anybody on their right mind would be doing the same if they're already here in the Philippines for more than four months. As a matter of fact everyone around me is telling me that I should ditch out Career Ship Management now.
 
Overall , I've done some thinking about my situation and concluded that I guess it's about time I moved on in life again and probably Career Ship Management already ran its course. If this is the case then it meant that it's just a natural cycle on career as a sailor about moving in , moving out and moving on. I'm never afraid to lose my job, and there's no hard feelings or anything personal if I'm no longer needed by CSM nor NSB , it's just simply ran its course - just simply I had to find another company to transfer and that’s it.
 
For now, I'm refraining myself to posting on anything in the social media until I sort things out first and frankly to stop any embarrassment that I'm still here in the Philippines, and avoid a jinx altogether.
 
IN OTHER NEWS…
 
A black list came by recently at the hospital informing that mom cannot be accepted in the clinic until she fully pays the 30,000 PHP debt. For the moment my sister has already gathered at least half of the needed payment for it coming from donations from mom's school friends on high school , The other half is still being figured out. Either way for the moment mom cannot undergo dialysis treatment until its resolved.
 
Last Sunday it was a blessing that mom had a dialysis for one last time , and its crucial on the fact that it needed to at least buy my sister some time to solve the bills problem, at least give a week more of time before things went to hell again.