Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

THE FATE OF TCC


It's been seven days since my last log, took quite a few days to have me log back probably because my emotions have been more stable and perhaps some part of it may be due to lack of time. Anyway I'd start ….

It has been my suspicion that the whole news of me wanting to go home early have already spread even on the engine crew , (No thanks to that backstabbing gossiper O.S. Dalida) because I was asked by one of the oiler's on what is the reason that I intend to pass an E.V.L. , I simply just gave him a makeup reason that the income here is unsatisfactory and I have to go back to the "Other" principal.  In any case I should have known not to trust him (O.S. Dalida) its was a very big mistake in doing so and that I should have gone "solo" on my problems ., Good thing I didn't reveal all the plans I had up ahead . Anything that he knows is basically none essential information and I have already stopped giving details of any other things

Officially I haven't submitted yet my EVL ., and that I'm still waiting for A.B. "Noel" to make a move so I can hitch with they're request to make it more valid. Up to now I'm still waiting for news on them since Noel hesitates in making one. From what I heard here , the policy of OSM is to make the request earlier than the usual one month notice on other companies and that its implied that it should be at least two months. Given that if that’s the rule , then I have to submit it somewhere in March.

On my best bet if this is the situation then I'd have to submit it either via 7th  of march or 14th of March. I could submit it now , but I'm still thinking that I have to wait until "Merk" is gotten rid of first for more efficiency on my EVL. Somehow (and a fact) I distrust a fellow Filipino as a seafarer especially Filipino Senior ship officers.  

In relation to this topic, I have received word from my former co-worker which I chatted via Facebook messenger that TCC is apparently will phase out OSM as it manning agent - meaning that TCC will transfer to a new company somewhere in makati. From what I heard to my former co-worker, "Vanguard" and "Excelsius" ship is scheduled to be sold by October this year. So on my end , I'm feeling a bit down because this principal is my "safe zone" here in OSM and that my possible planned return there will not materialize , if the news were true.

In any case, TCC or not what I can tell is that I cannot stay here on this "Hunter" ships and I'd be better off somewhere (or anywhere) than here, maybe on another principal or another company. I have to think of the possibility that if no other solution applies then I have to result in abandoning OSM as well ., The only question if that possibility happens is where should I go next ?