Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

CREW CHANGE SUSPENDED


I was not very happy to hear the news of "crew change will be not allowed for the time being" ., especially that I had already submitted my early vacation request. In fact I'm furious over my current situation because I dislike the ships working environment., I'm itching and hurrying to get out of this ship and change principals as soon as I can but with this current situation where most Asian countries are currently implementing a lockdown on their borders (due to the COVID pandemic) and might It take some time before it settles. For now crew change on this company is temporarily halted until further notice.

Speaking of crew change suspension . It seems that the first batch of crew change on this ship in south Africa is halted as well, and probably crew change will be now somewhere in the U.S. - at least for those who have a U.S. Visa around, for those who don’t - then they'd have to wait for the next available non  U.S. territory for a crew change , a country that has no lock down.

Hopefully based on the Philippine Tv news ., The nationwide lockdown will be lifted probably around April 14.

I'm still hopeful that maybe I can get off on this ship by May

In other news …

Here life onboard is on the usual routine, and as always O.S. Dalida pesters me around on his chatting of none important things but its more of an inconvenience now rather than an annoyance. As much as possible I tried tgo ride along with his worthless chat or if it gets to annoying , I try to ignore it.

Not much to write about anything ., the whole news is flooded with this corona virus , no new memo about crew change

Speaking of which there is rumors that even shore leave might be cancelled in the U.S. as well . Captain here is paranoid that one of crew the might get infected along the way , so probably he's thinking that the stuff were trying to buy in the U.S. will be just for sorts  "private orders".

In any case U.S. is not officially lockdown yet , so there's a possibility for a crew change for non - filipino's .