Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

AS SOON AS THE WIND BLOWS


December 04, 2018 Tuesday
Jubail Dana , UAE



The new chief mate seems to be harmless enough , but yet I have to be on my guard - after all he has only been here for almost a week and chances are you don’t get to know a person very well until the 2nd month. For now I'm relieved that the previous chief mate of this ship will no longer be a problem since he disembarked a week ago in fujirah, UAE during the "provisioning" operations

The ship headed north for the loading port, apparently earlier information I thought that it should load cargo in Saudi arabia., but now it looks like that it will load its cargo here in UAE ., just in the far edge area of this country. It headed north within just a day of travel and this ship lowered its anchor and awaited for any further instructions from the charterer.

Laundry was opened on Sundays for The crew to wash those dirty clothes and coveralls. Honestly I can't really think any good reason on why the use of the laundry room here is still on schedule - the condenser is already fix during Fujairah and now there is no more excuse on why it should not be opened for everyday use.  I guess this is usually the problems if "Uwaks" are in charge of the ship., Can't really think of any other reasonable reasons why this is still happening.

It was already almost noon when I finished on my laundry due to having a very long queue in the washing machine., when suddenly I heard from O.S. "Romy" passing by that within a few hours., a pilot will be coming for the ship . Specifically at 2pm. Immediately on the first minute when I heard it, I was in disbelief and that it was really a bad timing for the notice., Both my clothes and working coveralls was still wet and just fresh out from the washing machine - I  have no dress to wear for work if the pilot immediately comes. I came to my senses that I still have two hours left and hurriedly jammed all my clothes in the dryer machine. It never mattered to me if this was a working coveralls or my regular clothes - I just needed it to be dried ASAP.

After 20 minutes my clothes was almost dry and had to take it out of the drier hurriedly.

Pilot came by at around 2pm as what they said, along with the mooring master for the SBM kind of mooring.

From all the mooring operation that came and went all this time, "SBM" kind of mooring is the most easiest kind. Basically the ship will be just tied up to a buoy sitting in the middle of the ocean and from that, the buoy there has some huge rubber hose attach to it (as in HUGE , larger than a human ) and from there they're going to connect that on the ship's cargo pipes to load cargo - voila "SBM" operation finished ! Plus there's less effort made because it doesn’t require a lot of folks on mooring.

The following day , the loading of cargo was immediately finished and this ship soon set sail bound back to go to kwinana, Australia  . Took us a whole day after that in securing all the equipment that was used for the cargo operation and mooring operations.