Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

JUST ANOTHER DAY


November 13, 2018 Tuesday
Enroute now to Saudi Arabia



For now there is no other maintenance work a "rating" would do here but continue on the routine "Chipping, Brushing and Painting" scenario. Yeah an endless scenario of what a Filipino seafarer would say "tiktik Kalawang". despite what other wannabe High and elevated (filipino) ship officer would say that it’s a derogatory work, I don’t find it to be that kind of a lowly job. As a matter of fact , this is the most common and simplest of all maintenance jobs here onboard - it doesn’t take a lot of muscle work to do this.

"Chipping, Brushing, Painting" Scenario work , will be the usual routine for a while till this ship reaches UAE.

Funny that Filipino's have been the largest nationality bloc in this profession for roughly about 40 years now (since 1980's) and that they never realized on all that time that a seafarer is actually a manual laborer job similar to a construction job. Generations of social engineering at schools has left seafaring in the Philippines to be perceived as quasi militaristic, Personally speaking I never liked on what the maritime industry in the Philippines has become - Seafaring is a civilian job , not a United Nations Peace Keeping Force. Those idiotic high ranking Filipino's seafarers sitting at the company chair never realized that. They seriously need a reality check

WATER PROBLEM

And I thought when this ship left Perth bound for UAE middle east , The problems regarding water shortage and water discipline will be solved. Guess I was wrong on that part and it turns out that water problem here still continues. Laundry day as of the moment is still being on scheduled which meant I can't wash my clothes  immediately after use , same goes as well for my working coveralls.

According to this ships Uwak chief engineer., Ships water production has been very slow lately and that there are few spare parts left for the ships purifier to work on, thus there conserving them which in turn ships produces slowly on water.  I'm not exactly sure on how would I believe on this bullshit excuse , but for now I have laundry problems to deal with aside from the low laundry soap and bathing soap I have. For now, they said that we will be advise on when water will be available for everyday washing and laundry.

Seriously ??!!! Since when is that going to take huh ?

This "Uwaks" really know what the word pestilence means and When they are around and onboard , they tend to make things really difficult for Filipino's. Probably these fools are trying reason out this so called "Energy Efficiency Plan" to applease TCC company and  justify their actions on why they refuse to give laundry soap and restrict water and bathing soap issue.

(for the record , as of the moment NO laundry soap has been issued for two months now and we were only given two bathing soaps for the whole month, the previous month we were only given a bar of soap for the whole month).

I never had these kinds of problems when I was on European ships (Career Ship management) and even on Full crew Filipino ships ( Seacap Shipping) . Even if there were "water discipline" issues , it only lasts for days - certainly not weeks or months. Ever since I encountered "uwaks" during CF Sharp - Norstar time and up to now (OSM - TCC). There has been water issues that last for months , I'm starting really feel that "Uwak's" are not the people who should one work with and this is going to be a very long campaign before I finally get rid of OSM - TCC.

POSSIBLE "OTHER" COMPANIES TO SETTLE WITH

During the typical maintenance chore of "chipping, brushing and painting" ., I came to a small talk with the new O.S. "Erwin".  On our conversation he said  Teekay company has a work practices similar to "UPL - Shell", which this sounds really bad news for would be job seekers , and an unsuspecting crew - in other words it has the same hostile work practices .

On my point of view its really horrible to be putting on that kind of situation based on my experience with UPL - Shell.

Unsurprisingly it has similar problems in crewing like shell because people are having an crew exodus and avoiding teekay like the plague. (incidentally they are mass hiring people in order to replace their crew losses).

I think this is a total problem when "uwak's" are totally in control of a shipping company. They tend to enforce work practices that are too hostile for any other nationalities to thrive with - utterly they are monopolizing it and being such a racist to other nationals.

Anyway it pretty obvious that I'm not going to teekay nor any other shipping company that has a heavy infestation of "uwaks" ., The work practices would certainly be too hostile for me to thrive and advance , let alone settle on that kind of work environment. For now my aim goal if I were to establish to settle on a company it would be on an european environment and has no presence of "uwaks" or filipino senior ship officers of any kind.

The most appealing for me at the moment is going back to Career Ship Management or Senator Crewing - given that these two companies have the same principal called CSM and NSB. So it's possible that after I've done my business here with OSM., this is the place where I would likely go.