Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

EGOISTIC T.C.C.


January 12, 2019 Saturday
Enroute to UAE



As expected the "VIP" came here onboard at around noon time . His name is apparently Mr. Gallantes , he's about 67 years old and from first look he's just a typical old man who will wreak havoc for a couple of days here . Not exactly literal havoc but will definite disrupt normal routine work when this superintendent is around.

A few hours after he went onboard , the superintendent immediately conducted  his inspections and was seen on the deck roaming along with 2nd officer. I was washing the deck area at that time when I saw him . 

Now two days after he arrived , he's checking and interviewing crew at random  and asking questions about company related info. Obviously I don’t know much about info about OSM - TCC (tai cheon chen) and I don’t care about it nor even bothered to know because I'm not planning to staying for the long term in TCC. Besides what good does it make if I even bothered to know about this info ? Even if I do there is nothing to be gained about this ., My salary rate will still be the same as it was and employment standards and condition will still be the same and seafaring job is still a maintenance / construction manual kind of work, IT"S NOT AN INTELLECTUAL JOB AND NEVER A KIND OF JOB THAT WILL BENEFIT MANKIND 

I simply do not understand why people here (and i) have to put up so much effort on something that’s not even worth half of it - It's too much of a hassle and  a lot more trouble than its actual worth, besides this is a ship. Our main purpose here is to work and NOT TO STUDY, they're making this ship look more like a training center than a merchant vessel.

For me it's totally unnecessary at all about the crew being randomly asked ., and from my point of view this is just simply a publicity stunt meant to brag to the company that their crew are so called "well trained, upstanding , blindly loyal booth licking employee's" . To be frank , I never liked companies who have an ego perfectionist kind of theme and this is what likely will happen to TCC company probably later on ( and much to my horror as well this company even idolizes the dreaded "SHELL"  company and copies some of its policies, although on a lesser extent). Fortunately for me , this companies' egoistic perfectionist mentally is not as severe as my former employer but nevertheless its policies are still repulsive for me.

Reality check here is that OSM - TCC is nothing more than a second rate wannabe shell clone, with a goatee and superiority complex