Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

RELIEF FOR A MOMENT


January 22, 2019 Tuesday


Finally have finished the loading ops work in UAE and the ship is now headed back to Australia , Perth. It is my estimate that work load will be slightly a bit lighter now compared when this ship was going to UAE. Probably in a day or two now piracy watch will resume till this ship gets at least to sri langka.

Once piracy watch resumes , there won't be any day work at that time on the deck and most my work will be just revolving around the bridge area doing "Guard" duty and looking out for any suspected "pirate boats". Basically all I do in the bridge is just stand and move around for about 8 hours each day (4 in the morning and 4 at night) and look on the horizon - kind of like a "star gazing" work but a bit on the lower view rather than the sky.

By the time this ship will reaches on Australia., it will be February and that time is already close to finishing my contract in OSM - TCC (six months out of 8 months). And as a routine prep, I've have started to re arrange my stuff back to my luggage in case of a hurried kind of disembarkation. I will be travelling a bit lighter now and that some of my stuff will be discharded here.

If this ship will continue on its UAE to Australia voyage route, Its estimate that one of this countries will be my disembarkation point. Personally I prefer disembarking in Australia for a number of reason than in UAE., but of course I would never know and it wouldn't hurt if I'd be prepared in case it was UAE and was a hurried disembarkation.