Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

WATER RESUMPTION



January 08, 2019 Tuesday
Enroute to Fujirah, UAE



After weeks of having a so called "Scheduled" and restrictive running water access. It’s a big surprise that the laundry is now open 24/7, and I couldn't think of any better reason that this might be related because of the arrival of the Chinese captain. It's too obvious to consider it just a coincidence , and too arranged.

Probably I suspect that since the Indian Captain disembark, the Indian chief engineer thought that he's tricks and modus will not exactly work well with the incoming Chinese captain. So he had to retract he's quasi "Condenser" problem on the water generator.

In any case and whatever the reason maybe , I'm relieved that regular access to running water for the laundry is now open 24 / 7 . Hopefully this will remain until I disembark on this ship sometime in April.

As for the news regarding day to day work ….

Since this ship is already near the HRA (high risk area) in the Indian ocean , We were told on the job order to put some razor wires at whole side of the ship. Putting up razor wires was no big deal and I would get an extra money out of it , however the problem is not the work itself but on the environment , apparently this area has a temperature "spike" problem and is known to have very high temperature climate even if it's already winter time and I'm not wrong about it.

During the job being carried out. Temperature was burning hot climate in the deck area and my coveralls was as usual drenched in sweat for the whole day. Basically I was suffering from heat related stress for the whole day and if were not for the medicines I brought along for this work., I would have surely had more serious problems on this . Honestly I think I'm suffering more of a sun stroke symptoms rather that "heat related stress" here

"Oresol 75" and "gatorade" really helped a lot in keeping me rehydrated plus combination of Vitamins C and Vitamin E tablets help reduce the heat fatigue