Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

GAMING UPGRADES


January 19, 2019 Saturday
Anchor at UAE



As expected the superintendent disembarked when this ship have reached Fujairah UAE., So now the working environment is a bit lax , compared a couple of days ago were we had to check every detail of work every now and then to avoid any complication that the superintendent does in howling everybody's job routine to find faults.

Now that this ship is in UAE for "provisioning"., we are all busy hauling off the supplies delivered by the supply boat and putting them to their storage places. It is unfortunate that the "private orders list" was cancelled and that the items I was ordering was scrapped as well. Anyway it's no big deal for me if my order for a gaming laptop and extra storage data was cancelled (Lenovo Intel I7 8Gb RAM , and 8TB external Disk Drive and 400 GB MicroSD card). I could always get those items on other sources or when this ship goes back to australia, aside from that if those item didn’t materialize , I could also (for the very first time) buy an apple computer.

I think it's about time that I upgrade my hardware., after all the last upgrade I had for my computers goes way back in 2014 and basically there is no changes at all on computers for about 4 years now - I had been still using those old stuff, It’s the right time now for me to retire my old gadgets and bring in the new updated one's .

After the busy day on the work in the provisions , this ship stayed again on this port for another day and the work we did was basically putting back again the razor wire around the ship. Later on the afternoon as small merchant boat named "Flying angel" came to visit this ship and went alongside for the crew to check and buy on their selling merchandize. I didn’t waste any time and immediately went to their boat to see what they were selling. It was by luck that I saw that they are selling laptop gaming computers , I bought one (dell brand)  which cost at about 750 U.S. Dollars and since I still I still have money left I bought a Samsung tablet for myself as a bonus. Both of the devices I bought is high end for my personal gaming and computing needs. Some of my crewmates are probably jealous that they saw me buy those high end gadgets for myself ., they mostly envy me because I have the spare money to upgrade and buy expensive equipment , while they themselves can't  because their occupied of other expenses and don’t have the capacity for "personal maintenance" .

Anyway its none of my business if they're jealous or not , I have my own life (and capacity for this luxuries) and they have theirs. I mind my own business.

In other news ….

Working schedules have been very erratic lately and  honestly I'm not exactly sure if the rest hours will be compliant on the regulations, all I can say is that working schedules are suddenly changed on the last minute. We will be doing the normal "day" work (8am till 5 pm) until late in the afternoon and then suddenly it goes announced on the last minute that O.S. will be shifted to bridge watch keeping duties.(night work) - Which ended up having fewer rest hours for us ,and working hours gets extended without notice.  We kept shifting from piracy watch to deck watch keeping and normal day work - to and from on this past few days , everything is all jumbled up on the schedules.

Hope I don’t get over fatigued with this hassle their putting up.

I dislike this kind of method on the unannounced extending working hours , and personally I suspect that our Chinese captain has anxiety problems when it comes to ship navigation and resulted to us being pestered with rest hours reduction and extended work. He comes up with the excuse of for the sake of  "safety navigation" but I knew better that the problem here is not a "safety issue" but his anxiety problem.

Now I know why the previous O.S. (chris) avoids signing up another contract on TCC  despite having a much higher salary offer . This principal is too much of a hassle for an O.S. to stay.