Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 29, 2019

YOU ARE (NOT) RELIABLE


Had been doing routine jobs for a couple of days now at the Pump room along with O.S. Dalida. Recently I had been left doing jobs only to assist him after the "incident". I don’t mind tagging along with O.S. dalida up to now as this is the only option available after , as I have been refused to be given job orders from Bosun / Pump man Carnaje a couple of weeks ago. He acted like he's some sort of POEA and harshly dismissed and locked me out in doing work. Out of luck , chief mate "merk" decided that I could get jobs orders directly from him rather than getting it from Pumpman Carnaje.

This is the best solution - for now.

Unfortunately for me , this is just a temporarily solution and that as soon as Chiefmate "merk" will disembark and finishes his contract , I will be left out with the big question on whom will I get "Job Orders" after. (Although as much as I want Chief officer "Merk" to be gone soon, given that he's some sort of close to Pumpman Carnaje and also talks against me behind my back and cannot be trusted. The only reason I'm cooperating with him was because of practicality). So probably the rest of this winter season will be left for me to figure out, the whole 4 to 5 months left. So it’s a big uncertainty for me when we goes out (thought much to my liking).

In other news …

South Korea's weather is close to zero now , and can't go anywhere outside without some sort of protection from the cold weather like a winter jacket or putting on sweater inside before wearing my coveralls. Good thing for me, I always come pretty equip (and in some extent far more equip than the standard issued equipment by the ship / principal)

Work has been , for now been light . I just tagged along with O.S. Dalida in removing water on the bottom floor of the Pump room and aside from that just washing and removing Oil Carbon stains on the aft deck. Lately we just took out the mooring loose rope out of their stowage and just put in the deck area for later use.

Based on what I heard , this ship will be making a discharge operation by exactly new year's day and that by Monday early morning this ship will move to the inner anchorage (and drop anchor there until further notice) and from there will conduct a vetting inspection first. After the vetting inspection finishes, then it heaves up anchor then proceeds directly on the berthing via SBM.

On Sunday , and I was latter informed by A.B. "Chris" that we will go out for work at 1pm. I was in disbelief at first and wanted to verify this information to O.S. Dalida, but to my surprise he too was unaware of this and even asked that if this is true then I should give him a call and inform him immediately . Honestly I was expecting that he should be the one to know this info first and that it was the other way around, anyway I guess it's foolish of me to even depend on other people knowing that they themselves have limitation.

To be blunt, O.S. Dalida is not that reliable as what I initially thought, however despite of this - it's better than nothing or going alone blinded on what to do. O.S. Dalida is still a big help and trustworthy , although not to the point of the "no secrets" category. Basically if I would look at it , my cooperation with O.S. Dalida looks more of like an "alliance"  rather than a treaty of "amity". For now this my situation and have no other choice, I have to figure out a way on how to at least last and make it for the next 5 to 6 months.