Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2016

FIRST MEDICAL TEAM


    The only thing good about this repeat of pre-employment medical is the fact that I had to get some answers fully about this so called northstar crew management. For now this is the info I got from talking to some folks on the same situation.
     
    1. North star principal here in CF Sharp is unheard of, In fact nobody exactly knows about it - not even the security guards. From what I heard the staff who actually handles this is "Roxanne" from NCL (Norwegian cruise line principal).
    2. North Star Principal here is only composed of two ships, the second ship is the one I'm supposedly be joining this May.
    3. Crew deployment will be sometime this May , from what I heard on the oiler - there about 12 crew members who will join this ship , including myself
    4. Name of the ship is "Eagle Boston"
    5. Roughly the ship is rumored to be around 30k to 50k GRT
    6. Contracts is as far as 9 months
    7. Contract and salary offers is almost the shitty same as CSM , with only a few minor cosmetic changes
    8. Ship is rumored to be as old as 1996 , which I think is 20 years old by now.
     
    Beyond that anything else I knew about "Northstar" is just blank as unused toilet paper.
     
    On news about the medical clinic , Well it looks like FMT ( First Medical Team Multi Specialty Diagnostic Center International Medical Services )is just like any other fucked up D.O.H. / M.A.R.I.N.A. approved money robbing medical clinics - the only difference to them is that they don’t rip-off directly from their patients by making them retake (and pay) the diagnostic med test that they flunked, but instead directly refer them to hospital or unethical doctors. Whether it’s a simple urinalysis issues, or past resolved x-ray thing like Tuberculosis, whatever - as far as I know F.M.T(its) will make it a big shit out of it and will obviously profit from it.
     
    In my case , during the PEME. I had declared earlier on the medical form that I had a history of tuberculosis way back in 2008 and was cured, I even have my comparison Chest X-ray plates for them to look at. Eventually all of my PEME exams checked out even on the urinalysis but since F.M.tits loves to find dirt and for the sake of scamming their patients , they decided that my previous medical predicament years back , which I declared on the form was worth every buck to extort. Even if my radiological medical report says that my PTB fibrosis (tuberculosis scar tissue on my left lung) is stable since Sept 7, 2012 (date of the chest x ray film) which meant clear.
     
    So here's the overall thing , they said that I had to look for this certain private doctor from Manila Doctors Hospital to get a "clearance" which I knew eventually will charge me for something. Whether it’s a consultation fee or another more annoying diagnostic exam. In the meantime there is nothing much I can do since I don’t have the money on my wallet at the moment.
     
    In other news
     
    Had received a newsletter from Microsoft , informing its cloud storage Onedrive will be reducing its storage capacity. According to the email my online storage from 30 GB will be drastically reduced to only 5 GB, although this is not a problem for my official accounts - it’s a problem for my other accounts which hold confidential files amounting to almost 10 GB, so I'm left on two options  - its either I reduce the content on my "other" Onedrive storage or store the files elsewhere like "Box" (www.box.com) which shows promising results for online cloud storage.
     
    In relation to this another problem I had to resolve in transferring those files is the unstable slow internet connection which apparently has serious problems here in the  Philippines, (as everyone know here that the Philippines is one of the slowest and most expensive in Asia), moving a 10 GB data to an online cloud storage in the Philippines is like NASA planning an expedition to the moon. So moving data using Smart Communications here (one of the largest telco's ) has a shitty internet connection. More shittier on their so called new internet plans called "Maxisurf" and "flexisurf" , One is based on 800Mb Data Bandwidth offer and the other is based on 7 hour Time Data offer. Bottom line here is that it will be difficult fixing my situation on the "other" files I had.