Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

SOMETHING ABOUT CF SHARP


 
"The rich rule over the poor, the borrower is slave to the lender (proverbs 22:7)"
 
 

While I was busy recently on obtaining the rPSCRB certificate in PMMA training center , I immediately received an SMS message coming from CF Sharp telling me to report A.S.A.P. , the nature of the message didn’t gave a clear reason why and they only said it was urgent. I didn’t report immediately after the said training due to the lateness of the message during that time.
 
On April 18, in the morning I received a call from CF Sharp again and said that I should report immediately in the afternoon , as expected the call did not mention any details why I should report. When I get there in the afternoon , the details were divulge that I was being transferred to another principal called "northstar crew management co. ltd" (which I suspect is a lower paying job) and that all perks that they gave me as being a member to CPO will be rescinded , including the "cash advance" perk worth 200 U.S. Dollars, which I used to open up a BDO dollar account (their requirement) and for personal expenses like updating my rPSCRB.  They reason out that I was being transferred on the fact that the guy whom I'm going to replace extended his contract and it left me being displaced.
 
Frankly I'm not sure if this reason is true or not , but after they said that , I already suspect that something is going on and that they're "trapping" a crew. fortunately for them I fell right in the middle of it. I can’t pull out my papers because I simply owe them money , for short I'm totally in the mercy of those debts and have to bow on their will. On the Tactical side this is good tactic for ship owners and shipping companies that they can "reel in" on the crew they badly wanted by simply using their best principal as a front to attract an unsuspecting applicant , then give him all the perks and freebie's to earn their trust and make them suspect less. Later at the last moment to thicken the plot , the unsuspecting crew gets back stabbed by being transferred into to the lowest paying principal they have on the company on the last minute, saying that there's no vacancy at the moment and to add more insult to injury, tells the unsuspected crew that they have to replace all the perks and freebie he took because the principal he will be transferring doesn’t cover that perk. The crew could run away from the company and pull out his / her papers from the terrible offer but being told to replace all the expenses makes it a stopping factor for the crew to run. 
 
Tagalog translation:
 
(in tagalog, ang sistema ng kumpanya para makakuha ng crew eh gawin front muna nila ang pinakamaganda nilang principal , at pag nakakuha na sila ng crew eh pakukunin nila ito ng maraming benefits katulad ng "cash advance" etc. para di maghinala, sa huli bigla nila sasabihin at idadahilan eh walang vacany at kailangan ka nila ilipat sa pinamababa at panget na principal nila para makasakay kaagad , syempre di nila sasabihin na ganun ang lilipatan na principal at pandaggdag na insulto pa sa isang yamot na applicante eh sasabhin din na kailgan niya palitan lahat ng ginastos sa kanya dahil hindi inoffer ng nilipatan nya yung ganun benepisyo. Pwedeng mag pull out and crew ng papeles nya pero ang mag pipigil sa kanya eh sinabi na papalitan lahat ng ginastos sa kanya kaya pilit sya na tanggapin ang panget na principal. Sa Totoo lang kung hindi lang ako may utang ng cash advance sa kanila eh aalis ako at kukun in ko ang papeles ko , at bahala na sila na humanap ng O.S. na papatol sa ganyan sahod)
 
Going back , I told them I don’t have 200 U.S. Dollars right now , and it may take a while for me to return it and said that they may have some sort of plan that they can recover the cost from me.  They said there is and they will have a sort of underground talk on how they will deduct it on my salary on my new principal, since they don’t have direct influence on other principals.
 
Wasn’t happy on what I was told and got bounced back to the recruitment department , the more that added to my dissatisfaction was that I learned that of this so called  "NorthStar Crew Managementment"  has an office address from Myanmar which I suspect is an Asian company that pays a low salary. On the discussion I hid my dissatisfaction and played along on their game. They say that they will be reassigning me on a brand new ship - yeah right ! I heard that before years back. Even if the ship is as brand new as it got out of the shipyard as what they claim to be - it doesn't mean that I won't do work or BOSUN will not wake me up in the middle of the night to rig a pilot ladder - the question here is how much is the company willing to pay me for work done as an O.S. To add more insult to injury,  When I was an O.S. in Career Ship Management, NSB principal they are paying me 1,268 U.S. Dollars all in all , now here In CF Sharp NorthStar principal - they are only offering 1,000 U.S. Dollars - and I suspect it could be even lower since Recruitment Managers intended to over exaggerate details just to get the attention of an applicant. What a totally insulting offer !!! And to make it over the top is that I have been put again on the waiting list and told me to wait for a month for any announcement !!! I mean what the fuck !!! The reason why I left career ship management in the first place was because I had been put on hold for the list for the past 6 months and now here in CF Sharpe , they are again going to put me on hold for an estimated month yet again !!!!!!! GOD DAMNIT !!!!
 
I left the office on that day in a terrible disgusted manner, thinking what will be my next move to counter this. I can't change company knowing that I can't replace the money I borrowed immediately. Possibly there is no way I could escape and will have to tag along with them for now until I settle my debts.
 
Honestly If I knew this would have happened , I could have gone to Maersk, UPL , TSM , ALSTER , or any other on my list that offers a much better pay and I would have not under in any circumstances availed on the cash advance perk. 
 
Speaking of which this so called "contract changing" scheme is also common on land based OFW's specifically land base work in the middle east (to be more specific Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) where OFW sign up on the contract and to their dismay, to find out later when they arrive in KSA their previous contracts will be cancelled and be switched for a new contract which offers a lower pay.
 
Here in the Sea based job, it’s a different version but still the same , Only done in the Philippines and not on another country. Talk about exploitation !!