Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

NEW SITE FOR MARINA COP


 
 
Wasn't exactly in the mood to do anything after the disheartening news. I'm not even on the mood to get an NBI certificate, - but I need to get one today as I already put in on the online appointment ahead. The biggest and most hassle of all was online payment system which you have to pay on some collection company and show them first the printout of the appointment. Have no idea why government agencies opt to this kind of system but this was the most hassle part in getting an NBI clearance. Incidentally on that day the NBI server was down and I had to wait until noon for me to make the payment.
 
Once the payment has been made , everything was straightforward and took me only at least 35 minutes for the long line - after that I got my NBI clearance.
 
A few days later …..
 
Recently there has been a new site to get COP documents in Marina, before it was just only the main building in T.M. Kalaw. The new site as what I saw in the MARINA official website was inside the walled intramuros compound, inside AMOSUP Building. I researched more info on some Facebook groups and said that getting COP documents there would be less hassle that it was in T.M. Kalaw. So I tried it out and set an online appointment, hopeful that a hassle free document process will take place. Thankfully they were right and did not fail my expectation.
 
My schedule which I fed to the MARINA website is on April 26, 2016 at around 4pm in the afternoon. I arrived earlier at around 11am given that I had to get some documents from my employer ,specifically my old BT COP certificate and photocopied it. Location of the building according to the address was the new AMOSUP building which is just across the street, the very same building on which if I recall is WES located (walk in exam schedule i.e. licensure exams ). The third floor is were MARINA COP satellite office is located.
 
Basically the MARINA COP satellite office is less crowded that its Main office counterpart, roughly on my estimate there are only less than 30 people on the floor compared to the main office which has about hundreds if not thousands of people in the waiting line alone and have to wait in line as early as 2am in the morning. Hopefully MARINA COP Satellite office shows the best of what this government agency has to offer. Aircon, wide and spacious floor space, chairs for the people who wait on the long line, and best of all features is the same day processing which I got my rPSCRB COP in exactly just an hour.
 
For the people reading this. MARINA Satellite office has four steps in getting the COP certificate.
 
Step 1 , Basically just approach the counter and show the printout of the online application form. The bloke here just tells me to write my name and sign on the logbook.
 
Step 2. Evaluator, show the appropriate documents needed for the COP . Different types of paper documents for different types of COP. On my case here is the documents I showed for the rPSCRB COP
 
Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat (PSCRB)
1. Certified True Copy of Training Completion and Records of Assessment (TCROA) in PSCRB , Original Documents. On my case it was an just an email printout form given to me by PMMA training center.
2. Certified True Copy of Enrollment Report. Translation - original enrollment slip you filled up in the training center which you enrolled for the training . Basically number 1 and 2 are the same and inter-changeable. 
3. rPSCRB Training Certificate, Both original and Photocopy 
4. Certificate of Sea service with company dry seal (in MARINA prescribed form). Can be get from the previous shipping or current company. 
5. Basic Safety Training/Basic Training COP , Both original and photocopy of the certificate
6. Seafarers Identification Record Book (SIRB), Photocopy the first page and all the pages that has a Stamp.
7.Old PSCRB COP Certificate . ORIGINAL ONLY
8.Long Brown envelope. Protip: write your name on the back of the envelope so that MARINA cant resell it to the poor Filipino sailors who are languishing for COP at the main MARINA Office in T.M. Kalaw.
 
If a sailor is REALLY IN A HURRY, Bring these extra documents to convince MARINA. (Thankfully I'm not. )
1. Letter request
2. Certified True Copy of Valid Overseas and Employment Certificate
3. Certified True Copy of Employment Contract
4. Certified True Copy of Air Ticket/Flight Details
 
Step 3. Payment. Self-explanatory just hand out the money , Based on my experience 200 Php is the price for a COP alone but there are miscellaneous like another 25 Php for the stamp and another 25 something or so on the picture (in the Old MARINA building) . Overall just prepared at least 300 Php to cover everything for a single COP.
 
Step 4. Releasing. - In the old days MARINA takes up to at least a week to release the COP certificate, and a sailor has to go thru all the horror in the waiting line again just to get it. Thankfully in MARINA Satellite office , they manage to cut down the waiting time to at least 700 percent and release the COP certificate 30 minutes after you applied for it (same day).